Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ebay Etiquette as a seller

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Etiquette as a seller

So I am trying to sell some things on Ebay. I tried to sell some boots once, but nobody wanted them. This is my first real venture, and I have several hits on my three items, but someone has made me an offer to end one of theauctions early. Can I do that without having listed that somewhere? Is it my stuff so I can do what I want anyway?

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Ebay Etiquette as a seller

dont do it.. i buy alot of stuff and have sold 2 bikes and 10 other items on ebay..

its usually a scam if they want you to end your auction.. then you are not covered by ebays seller protection..

just reply and tell them the item will go to the highest bidder .. if they really wanted it they will bid on it. . if they wanted to send you a fake money order or something they wont bid on it..

be safe.. and a legit ebay seller..

Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't take the auction off....you lose what little protection Ebay might provide by doing that. I would question more of why would this person want to fly under the radar like that. Many times it is a scam. If you have a buy it now, they can use that...or you can relist it at the buyit now price the guy is requesting. Also, check his ratings if he has low ratings or a low number of ratings, I would be even more cautious.

Try to be descriptive. Also, try making your auction someone organized...doesn't have to look professional, just gives some the impression that you care. Don't every accept cash. Make a check cashing policy, that you will not ship until 7 days after you deposit the check to make sure it clears. Paypal is probably the best way to accept payment.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM

oh yeah.. and hayden still cant log on from home. . . sorry for thread jacking.. you can delete this after you read it.. lol

Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 PM

I just sold my other bike yesterday.Ended the auction early once he transferred the money into my paypal account. Still have the bike, hes coming from Ohio friday to pick it up.
If you get a down payment through paypal id say its legit.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Retired Moderator

I am only accepting Paypal. Homes just wanted to give me $50 less that my reserve, but I kind of implies I would sell it to him for $25 less than my reserve. The live rep said that they would still protect me if I ended the auction early. I will probably take your guy's advice, though.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 PM

What you can do is gtell them you will set up a buy it now plus listing fees if you are willing to take the money. Then set up a buy i tnow at that price and then have them buy it. That way your still protected. Just a thought.

As long no one has bid on it.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:07 PM

If this hasnt been said before.

Make sure to ship EVERYTHING with a some kind of tracking so YOU know that the package reached the destination. Paypal is real hard on sellers. Hell the buyer could get the item, flag you with paypal and say they never got it. So they get the item and their money back and you get a giant ***** up your ****.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator

I am the master of Ebay. I say, "Jump bitches", and Ebay says, "How high?" I post it up, someone sends me some money, I lovingly carry the package to the shipping store, I give the item a kiss and wave good-bye, the package arrives to the buyer, and they leave feedback like: "Voodoo is the master o' the universe and he can make love to my wife and my daughter". Then I go home and handle my spam to the "MY Ebay" page. Such domination of one thing should be considered a sin.

The End

Old 04-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nooooo...tahoe is the master of ebay...and will forcefully make love to your wife, your daughter, your dog, YOU, etc...

because love is in the air...whether it's forced or not...it's still LOVE!

Quick Reply: Ebay Etiquette as a seller