900 & + Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older models, 900 and up.

GPR V4 stabilizers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPR V4 stabilizers???

Tax return is here and I am finally going to buy a dampner for my 954. I was wondering if anyone has the new version of the GPR stabilizer. It's the GPR V4. It is quite different from the original version in that it is smaller, lighter, and has more than twice the settings of the original. I am really certain that this is the dampner for me, but I wanted to get a little feedback first, if I could.

Thanks,
Diablo

Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking into the V4 myself. I haven't found any reviews on it yet. its weird that the V4 and V1 are the same price

Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 PM

There is over a $100 difference on ebay. Retail is the same though. Yeah, I can't believe that the V4 doesn't get more press then it does. Especially, because the V1 was so poplular.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM

yea man, I raced with the V4 on my 05 600RR and it was just a sick dampner, I road my buddies 06 600RR witht the V1 and I think the V4 was better, like you said its a little lighter and it has 2x's the settings as the V1, its not that it can adjust higher or lower, its just that its more precise between the lowest and highest setting. I can honestly that I press hard on the handlebars coming out of turns and when the front wheel comes up the V4 kept the wheel aligned decently enough to not get a severe tank slapper only on the 15th setting.... so cranked wide open she was pretty stout

but getting back to whether to get the V4 over the V1 or any other brand of dampner, i guess its personal opinion on how you want the steering to feel

I broke a seal in my V4 and sent it back to GPR (had to cover shipping back from them) and they changed the seals and fluid for free cause it was under warenty, they are really fast on getting your dampner back to you if you inccur any problems