600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

STS Turbo F5 600RR

Old 11-27-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question STS Turbo F5 600RR

Hi all, new to the forum and CBRs, not new to bikes or forced induction. I started doing research on turbocharging my 2007 600RR, and hit a lot of dead ends. I did come across a few things that caught my attention, so let's dive right into it.

1. Who's turbo'd their F5, what problems did you run into and how did you solve them?
2. During my research, YouTube kindly provided my with a video of an STS rear-mount turbo 600. This is the route I intend to go, having previously boosted my ZRX-1100 in the traditional front-mount position. What's the least invasive way to route a charge pipe from under the tail? I'm trying to avoid the in-my-leg position that I've seen on a turbo F5-1000RR and the massive lag of routing under the engine.
3. I am aware that the rods and pistons of the factory motor will not handle more than five pounds of boost reliably. What rods and pistons are you using, at what static compression, and how many pounds PSIG? I intend to run 10-14 pounds (daily vs. race night) and would like to lose as little low end as possible from low compression pistons. A priority breather valve may also be in the works, as it worked wonderfully on the 1100.
4. Will the factory injectors and fuel pump handle fuel delivery up to 14 pounds, and if not, what are you using? Can the ECU be tuned for forced induction applications?
5. I'm a firm believer in the small turbo school of thought. No reason waiting around on positive signal for a turbo that will never reach optimum efficiency. I'm looking at GT20-GT28 sized units. What have you had the best success with?

I'm not here for "just buy a 1000" comments, if I wanted a litre I would've bought one. Don't tell me you can't turbo a bike, you'll shoot your eye out blah blah... I've turbo'd a bike before, if you think you can't boost a bike try google. I'm also not going for the "I need 300 at the wheel!" idea, just want more fun in the same package. Thanks in advance, and happy riding.