600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Custom CBR 600 F3/R1 Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom CBR 600 F3/R1 Fairing

Hey everyone.
I just giving you guys a update. I have learned that getting a mold made to reproduce this fairing is not easy or cheap. So far I have been through three different fabrication shops in the past five months. Its always the same story I send them pictures I tell them what I want and they say send it and we will make you a mold. A few weeks later a get email or call from the shop saying that I cant figure out how to make a mold for this part. Luckily I was able to find a professional to make my mold and it should be finished soon. She explained to me that this part was originally made from plastic injection allowing to shapes to form easy. With a fiberglass mold it can be tricky to make a mold to reproduce this fairing. So I just want let you guys know I am STILL working on this. And hope to be able to sale these fairings to anyone that is interested soon.

Name:  061.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  49.6 KB

Old 10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Default RE: Custom CBR 600 F3/R1 Fairing

when you get let me know cause thats hot

Old 10-09-2008, 07:06 PM

looks good! any idea what the asking price will be for the yam cbr fairing? also will the f3 gauges still fit behind the yamaha front?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 PM

I plan to keep it way under 300.00 bucks. I want to make them affordable. The R1 fairing is small so I had to use the
F4I gauges. You can use the F3 gauges but they will have to be cut down by removing the plastic trim around the
gauges. So I am waiting on other people to do there part.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:18 PM

just tell me where to send the parts. Im in chicago.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 PM

QM1,
You wont have to send me any parts because I am making fiberglass replicas. If you sent me the two sets of uppers then I would have to charge you a arm and leg just to sit there and sand away bondo all day.Once I get this started I will be able to offera varity of affordable fiberglass parts.I plan to makethree different fairings in the future I have already madetwo and one of which
I am trying to make available for purchase.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 PM

ok cool well i will keep an eye out for it. When you get it started jus let a brotha know. thanx

Old 10-19-2008, 05:00 AM

For those of you that are keeping track of my progress today I was hard at it. I am doing alot of research and development for this custom fairing. I want this to look like it came from the factory the way it looks with the custom fairing. I am designing a new custom fairing to base my replication efforts from. Today I played around with see if it was possible to make a custom R1/F3 fairing and still use the stock
F3 stay and gauges. I played around with it for a few hours today well I was fixing a oil leak on my stator.

I saw that if I used the stock F3 stay, F3 gauges plus all the R1 parts the front end would be pushed to far forward giving the bike what I call the big head look. Plus the set up was very heavy and it would not be good to add alot of weight to the front end of the bike. But I will be able to get away with using the F3 gauges. So now I plan to make a design that will allow you to use you F3 gauges instead of having to
buy a set of smaller gauges. So I will start working on this new fairing soon as my parts arrive and it will be designed to allow the use of the F3 , F2 , or F4I gauges. I am sure I said this so many times before that I am still working on this project for those that would like to buy a copy, I am still working on it.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

Have you tried the 600rr front fairing? The 03-06 model has a nice uncomplicated front end so it might not be hard to make. Just trying to visualize what it would look like, you know just an idea.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:35 AM

No I have not tried it but I have thought about it. I think it will flow together pretty smooth there are just some things to take into consideration when doing a project like this. Currently I am working on the F3/R1 fairing. I am trying to improve it by adding the original R1 intakes. I think this will give the fairing a more aggressive look. But the problem I am facings is that with the more curves
a part has its harder to replicate. But I love the look of the R1 and I am waiting on my parts from ebay to arrive so I can make a new fairing. Later I will play around with other fairings and the 600RR is on the list but one at atime first. It should be easy compared to the my F3/R1 fairings. If you try this mod good luck and remember to always measure three times first before you make thoughs important cuts.

Quick Reply: Custom CBR 600 F3/R1 Fairing