600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
So, how did these work out for you? Got pics & feedback on them?
They are probably the best solution for what I was looking for. Much cheaper than replacement rear-sets and very easy to install. I moved the right pet forward about an inch and raised it slightly so my toe wouldn't rest on the brake pedal. (Cycle Pirates carries adjustable brake pedals for some bikes, but not the F4. The adjustable ones let you extend the length). I don't have issues with my left knee, but I moved the left peg forward about half an inch, just so the two sides feel about the same. I might go back to the stock position on that side later.

The only thing that keeps the whole assembly from rotating around the mounting bolt is the torque you put on it, some lock-tite, and a small metal dowel that serves as an indexing pin. I don't know how durable this would be in the long run if the pegs frequently touch down, but it would be a very easy fix if the dowel pin breaks.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-sideview.jpg   Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-topview.jpg   Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-threequartersview.jpg   Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-itfolds.jpg   Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-leftside.jpg  

Old 09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the pics & info. Was wondering how these would work out. Very interesting. Glad these are allowing you to keep riding your bike.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A cheaper solution is the Buell peg mod like all the Busa guys do. I have a CBR and VFR and I loved lowering the pegs on my VFR so I thought I would try the CBR. I bought the Buell pegs, did the grinding to make them fit and tried them out. They drop the pegs down about 1-1.5 inches (never really measured them) and back also. I tried them for a short while and didn't like it since I ride the CBR at a faster pace on the twisties. The pegs do fold up but it was just too low for me so I went back to the stocks. I still have them if anyone is interested. They would fit a bunch of japanese bikes. 35.00 shipped in the US.
When you get tired of the CBR you can always move to the VFR, very comfortable and just soooo cool.