CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/aftermarket-rearsets-increase-leg-room-115027/)

glensidegates 08-10-2010 01:05 PM

Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room

Does anyone know of an adjustable rearset that will allow the foot pegs to move down and/or forward compared to the stock position?

I have a '99 600 F4 and due to worsening arthritis, I can no longer bend my right knee enough to comfortably place the ball of my foot on the right peg or operate the rear brake.

I don't need much more room, an extra 1/2 inch would make a difference.

PlayfulGod 08-10-2010 01:27 PM

most aftermarket rearsets adjust just the opposite than what you are wanting. They are brackets made to set the stock rearsets back n up about 1". I guess you could use those to lower em, but I dont think you're gonna get the fwd part done. I think its just time for you to move to a more touring aimed bike like the VFR ;)

gotcbr 08-10-2010 09:07 PM

Sorry about your arthritis. However, I wouldn't ever recommend lowering the peg position from stock...not on a sportbike. Perhaps a neoprene knee wrap/brace would be a better idea.

glensidegates 08-11-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 955804)
I think its just time for you to move to a more touring aimed bike like the VFR ;)

Let's call that "Plan B"

There must be something out there with such a large adjustment range that it over-laps a little with the stock position. Or something that could be customized by drilling additional holes. Or something with a non-collapsable foot peg that would allow the peg to be offset with a simple bracket. Or a shop that builds customs rearsets.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I don't have to do a bunch of experiments at $300 a pop.

glensidegates 08-11-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 955997)
Sorry about your arthritis. However, I wouldn't ever recommend lowering the peg position from stock...not on a sportbike. Perhaps a neoprene knee wrap/brace would be a better idea.

I know where you are coming from, but I'm already giving up some cornerning clearance. I'm sitting with my heal on the footpeg and my toe underneath the rear brake pedal, so my toe touches down first if I'm not careful.

glensidegates 08-12-2010 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much interest in this topic, but just in case someone else can benefit, here is a potential solution I'm going to try. They are from Cycle Pirates and replace just the footpegs with a bracket that can rotate 360 degrees, allowing the peg to be moved backwards and upwards or forward and downward. CP also has adjustable length brake pedals, but not for the F4.

gotcbr 08-12-2010 11:06 AM

Hope they work for you. Just be mindful of your reduced clearance.

PlayfulGod 08-12-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by glensidegates (Post 956532)
Not much interest in this topic, but just in case someone else can benefit, here is a potential solution I'm going to try. They are from Cycle Pirates and replace just the footpegs with a bracket that can rotate 360 degrees, allowing the peg to be moved backwards and upwards or forward and downward. CP also has adjustable length brake pedals, but not for the F4.

They are fixed are they? if so that might cause a issue if you ever scrub em ;)

glensidegates 08-13-2010 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, they fold. Here's a better picture of the mounting hardware.

gotcbr 09-05-2010 12:53 PM

So, how did these work out for you? Got pics & feedback on them?