600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006 | 02:28 PM
Default RE: TURBO

My personal opinion, both is a waste of money and time (nitrous and turbo.) It's a 600cc sportbike. Ride it for what it is, an agile, light, and fast motored vehicle. How much does anyone really need the extra power on a 600? If I wanted to go fast in a straight line I'd ride a busa. If the 1/4 mile is your intention, then sell the bike, and look into a liter bike. Also, what type of mods do you have on the bike now? You can get plenty more power for about a grand.

Old 07-25-2006 | 09:31 PM

its a crazy upgrade, but i wouldnt want one, if anything maybe a supercharger but not a turbo. i've never heard of anyone putting a supercharger on one tho, not sure if its even possible.

the thing that would worry me most about that mod is **** breaking. its putting alot of stress on the motor and everything else that puts power to the ground. and if you've ever been in a car with a turbo it doesnt come in nice and smooth, its kind of like BAM! @ full throttle. i'd be scared of the thing coming up too fast or not being ready to it to lift like that. IMO you'd be better off buying a 1000

Old 07-26-2006 | 06:01 PM

i dont want a 1000 i just want a really fast 600

Old 07-26-2006 | 07:13 PM

Ok since noone is really flaming this I will keep this civil.

That stock 600RR will out run just about anything on 4 wheels even if you can't ride for sh*t and will out run most things on 2 wheels if you are a good rider.

A liter bike would be a much smarter idea, as previously stated, and no a turbo 600 will not be faster than a 1k unless you are pushing retarded levels of boost and then it will be extremely uncontrollable.

I have '94 F2 with a WELL built engine and I have never gotten on my bike and thought "I really wish I had more power." What part of 0-60 in under 3 seconds isn't fast enough for you?

Learn to kill in the twisties and leave the straights for the losers that can't lean.

Old 07-26-2006 | 08:31 PM

Learn to kill in the twisties and leave the straights for the losers that can't lean.

The guy asked a question. I don't ride the twisties. Most of my riding is at the drag track. Just because some people like track riding, drag racing, stunting, or just street riding. Are any of these styles better then the others. You have to have skills for every style of riding there is. If one person does not do what you enjoy does that make them a loser. No the loser is the person who does not have a open mind to evey aspect of being on a motorcycle.

Can I bust out a 100 foot stoppies, hell no. Do I think people who do this are losers, hell no. Just not my style of riding but I enjoy watching it and respect what they can do. Same as for the race track. No matter what style of riding you do. Alot of time and money goes into the bike to set it up for that style of riding you enjoy.

As for the question at hand. I would go for a nice nitrous set up. I ran a dry 40hp shot on my stock 600cc engine and never had a problem. Now I have the motor bored to a 639cc and run a wet 60hp shot. A nitrous progressive two stage system. A small dry nitrous system is a easy way to get a little extra bump in HP. A 40HP shot will give you anywhere from 30 to 35 extra HP. Depending on temp. and bottle pressure. Now if you are out spraying the bottle all the time, spraying it at lower rpm's, and spraying extended long shots, yes you might have some problems. Nice short blasts will give you the extra HP you are looking for. Dry systems and not that expensive, But if you have the extra cash a wet system is the way to go.

Old 07-27-2006 | 03:10 PM

with the wet system, or if you want to run high boost w/ a turbo setup, you will want to look into forged pistons, rods, crank, valves. basically anything in your engine that moves will need to be stronger, it could get expensive real fast, but it makes for a hell of an engine if its done right. also, your engine cooling system will need to be upgraded, possibly you could get away with just using a larger size radiator. but with just the dry shot, or a casual, low boost turbo setup, stock would be fine.

Old 07-27-2006 | 04:47 PM

Didn't mean to offend the quick-wristed straight-liners but...

a. takes a lot less talent to roll fast off the line and pin the throttle than it does to apex a decreasing radius, downhill corner at full lean.

b. Taking a bike designed to be flicked through twisties and modifying it to go fast in a straight line is like chemically breaking down bubble gum, adding nitrogen, and chemically rebonding it to make plastique. It's pointless, it's never going to be as good as the real thing. If you wanna be fast on the drag strip then buy a liter bike or a 'busa/zx-14.

Old 07-27-2006 | 07:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

ORIGINAL: Ryuu600

Didn't mean to offend the quick-wristed straight-liners but...

a. takes a lot less talent to roll fast off the line and pin the throttle than it does to apex a decreasing radius, downhill corner at full lean.

b. Taking a bike designed to be flicked through twisties and modifying it to go fast in a straight line is like chemically breaking down bubble gum, adding nitrogen, and chemically rebonding it to make plastique. It's pointless, it's never going to be as good as the real thing. If you wanna be fast on the drag strip then buy a liter bike or a 'busa/zx-14.
Don't get on here again with 30 posts and say it takes less talent to do the 1/4mile until you post up a picture of your personal 8sec time slip. They are different kinds of racing/riding all of which take tremendous talent to do well. I've done both and I'm not all that great at any of it ... it's fun going out there and trying though.

Old 07-29-2006 | 06:25 PM

I dont want to talk about nitrous becuase thats not what i want. I want to be able to put a turbo on my 600rr. Thats becasue everybody that lives around me got 600s and i just want a 600 that nobody got.I just want ot beable to kill 600s around here.

and ryuu600 your full of bull!!

Old 07-29-2006 | 06:30 PM

I dont want to run like 8 9 pounds of boost i just want a simple system that would be safe and then down the road if i wanted to run more boost i could.So i would like to know what parts i would need for a simple setup but i would not need to buy them again to run more boost.

Quick Reply: TURBO