600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

PLEASE HELP: Problems w/ Hotbodies Integrated Blinker Kit & Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP: Problems w/ Hotbodies Integrated Blinker Kit & Brake Lights

This is on my '01 F4i. I've got no rear brake lights or rear blinkers. Front blinkers function perfectly. Here is the quick rundown...

Cutting either turn signal on = both turn signal indicators on the dash flashing rapidly (front signals light up correctly, rear signals do not flash at all)

Applying front or rear brake = both turn signal indicators on the dash coming on and staying on until all brakes are released

I've checked and soldered all connections on the Hotbodies integrated blinker box as well as replaced both bulbs in the rear. It's still not working.

What would make the turn signal indicator lights on the dash do that? It was working perfectly one day and the next I had this problem. Could the Hotbodies integrated blinker box be failing?

Surprisingly enough this happened the next day after I installed Hotbodies flush mount front turn signals. I checked everything and it worked perfectly, the very next day everything in the rear was inoperable, but the front signals still flash as they're supposed to, and I get the crazy lights on the dash. At this point I'm getting really frustrated that we're having the best weather of the year yet and I can't ride my bike safely because I have no rear brake lights or turn signals. I'm almost going to reduce myself to buying a new undertail kit with or without integrated blinkers just to rewire the whole thing and hope it works.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Default problems

i haave the same system on my06 cbr 600rr. at first i was blowing the fuse for gauge cluster. got that fixed. now my turn signals will not blink. ahhh , if you have any help let me no

Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 AM

Anybody have a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem with my 05 F4I with front LEDs and integrated tail light. I need to get this bike registered this week. Any help would be awesome. TIA.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 AM

I ended up giving up and replacing the whole undertail with a new LED Hotbodies piece. No more problems.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I ended up giving up and replacing the whole undertail with a new LED Hotbodies piece. No more problems.
Haha I actually did the same. Well, I bought a new integrator wiring kit. Works like a charm now and even gives me pulsating rear brake lights.