600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

no exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amRRussel

Ok, first of all, you don't "need" backpressure to make it run right. The amount of exhaust restriction can change the power characteristics, but you don't NEED it. Keep in mind that a larger diameter exhaust pipe or header isn't always advantageous because it can reduce the exhaust pulse velocity, which also helps scavenge the combustion chamber.

Yes, your carbs will need to be rejetted and in fact, the throttle response may never be as good as orginal, if orginal was actually good,

You won't crack pistons because of cold air being sucked into the cylinder. There's enough high temperature metal around there that the outside air is going to be warmed up and if you think about it, what are you sucking into the cylinder in extremely cold weather? Cold air.

And don't even get me started on the "It'll burn valves" myth that so many people seem to believe. That ain't gonna happen either.

Just remember that increased noise doesn't always equate to increased power. Properly designed, an exhaust system can be quiet, minimize restriction and maximize power output.

If it's too quiet and all you are looking for is sounds and don't compare about performance then buy a cheap slip on. If you're going to run it open exhaust invest in ear plugs...
Thats more than a myth but like ya said doesnt apply to our bikes unless sum1 runs w/o the headers or cuts them too short.

other than that I agree, get a slipon, open pipes sound like shyt except og top fuel cars and Harleys

Old 03-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=PlayfulGod;1032512]Thats more than a myth but like ya said doesnt apply to our bikes unless sum1 runs w/o the headers or cuts them too short.
QUOTE]

Burned them up on a quad once but yeah, does not apply in this situation.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM

dont run without a muffler, i turned mine on once i installed my full exhaust with out the can it sounded amazing, but not somthing i could deal with for more then a min. to loud! just take some packing. orif ya want i got a hotbodies muffler if ya want it you can have it cheap

Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
dont run without a muffler, i turned mine on once i installed my full exhaust with out the can it sounded amazing, but not somthing i could deal with for more then a min. to loud! just take some packing. orif ya want i got a hotbodies muffler if ya want it you can have it cheap
Im thinking about getting a delkevic 8 inch muffler, its only $140 bucks. Its the stainless steel one. Hopefully it sounds good.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by sickCBR599
Im thinking about getting a delkevic 8 inch muffler, its only $140 bucks. Its the stainless steel one. Hopefully it sounds good.
ill sell ya the hotbodies shorty for 80.00

Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
ill sell ya the hotbodies shorty for 80.00
can you post a pic? Is it aggresive sounding?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:04 PM

yeah sounds real good, i can post a pick ofthe can . its a undertail muffler, moto gp style. here is what i got Hot Bodies Undertail Kit & Slipon Honda CBR600RR 05 06 on eBay!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:28 PM

get rid of the air box too and you wont need nitrous

Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 PM

AMRRUSSEL who is thechick on your post. thats a sexy *** look!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 PM

I'll chime in. Back in the day I had a minty all stock F3 (swb) with less than 4k mile. At the 8th mile was runnin consistent low 7.3x. removed the pipe for ****s n giggles and ran high 7.2x... take it fwiw.

If you wanna be a cheapo, just chop your can. it looks cool and sounds way better. just my .02

Quick Reply: no exhaust