600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

looking to get more hp!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking to get more hp!

Its my first bike and never rode before, So im happy with my choice! With 1500 mile and $5000 it was a deal and well in my price range. Yeah the 1000's are a faster bike but again not looking to race or take it on the track. New sprockets....a few hundred and a pc3 350 at most so im still under a grand. Ill keep my bike till the wheels fall off! Next bike will be custom chopper, ill have both worlds in my garage.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: toddscbr03

Its my first bike and never rode before
, So im happy with my choice! With 1500 mile and $5000 it was a deal and well in my price range. Yeah the 1000's are a faster bike but again not looking to race or take it on the track. New sprockets....a few hundred and a pc3 350 at most so im still under a grand. Ill keep my bike till the wheels fall off! Next bike will be custom chopper, ill have both worlds in my garage.
Do absolutely nothing to the bike. Because when you drop your bike you'll be wishing you didn't spend all that money on it.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:34 PM

i know its too late for it now, but buy your bike used!!

i think personally that buying a new vehicle off the lot is ONLY worth it if you can pay for all of it right then and there and then have lots of f@!# off cash after.

i let someone else do most of the modding, buy it second hand with all the goodies, low miles, and thousands, yes, thousands cheaper.

my new bike...(couple days here..waiting for insurance)... is an 06 with baby miles on it! 2, 600 to be exact. and it has a yoshi rs-5, steal braded brake lines, brembo brakes, a crash cage, pro race grips, sliders on frame swingarm and bars, tank pad, undertail and fe, -1, (going back to stock on rear), and all the wonders that lay withing its four cyliders.

sorry to brag but i cant wait. ps -1 is a good choice, i have been contemplating -1+2 but decided to just go -1 because i dont want to loose all those miles per galon and like to shoot off the line.

life is good...

Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM

I love when people assume being a new rider your going to drop or lay it down! It's bound to happen to anyone so why spend money all around for any of us riders? I drive lots of stuff from army armor tanks to my suv and dirt bike, 4 traxs all of it. If i lay it down so be it, just realize it is bound for an of us.....even myself. I bought a 03 for that reason alone why pay 8k to 11k on a new one when the thought of maybe a lay down.........Haters! I hope you dont lay yours down with the thought!

Old 04-22-2008, 03:43 PM

The suggestions are good ones. I say stick with the slip-on and get a custom map for it. The reason you will be paying so much for the Full system is the weight savings of not too much more then the slip-ons. Just go on a diet and that will save you the extra 500 bucks. Sprockets are great too, aswell as rims. But before doing these mods put some good ol' frame sliders/spools/bar-ends on just incase.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM

Uhh I dunno, my hindle stainless headers, and titanium 20 inch round supersport can weigh less that my stock can by itself and then some. So the weight loss is worth it since it would equat to a couple extra hp.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

worry first on learning and honing riding skills. That alone will make you fast regardless of the bike. Liter bikes are for fat asses and power hungry punks that cant ride for shyt (just joking fellas). A slipon, K&N or BMC filter, PCII w/ custom map for starters on the addons. Good tires and get the suspension setup for your weight n riding style. Then a 520 conversion with -1/+1 or +2. Main thing is worry more about riding your ride n **** worrying with keeping up with anyone.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 PM

Main thing is worry more about riding your ride n **** worrying with keeping up with anyone.
And the irony here is that you can be faster than a liter bike by just being the more skilled rider.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:51 PM

You say keep up with your friends? Are they on liter bikes? Because just about every 600 is going to be about dead even, it all depends on the rider... I run away from my buddy on his 07 r6 relatively easily with my 04 600rr, and at the same time half the guys on this forum could easily embarrass me on an f3. Once you learn to ride you will have no prob keeping up with other 600s, if they are on newer 750s or 1000s then by no means will you ever be able to keep up with them (if they are equal riders) without spending thousands upon thousands of dollars. Money is tight for me so I spent my money on cosmetics (flushmounts, taillight integrator, HIDs, Windscreen etc.) Performance wise the best thing you can do is invest in the suspension, adjusting static sag for your weight is where you should start.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:56 PM

But if you are dead set on horsepower, full exhaust, filter, power commander with a custom tune might be good for 8-10ish? horsepower.