600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

HELP WITH SPROCKETS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP WITH SPROCKETS!!!

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Changing your stock gearing isn't going to add the xtra umph that your probably thinking. I have -1/+4 and I can honestly say it doesnt feel like I accellerate any quicker. Maby its just my bike though.
i havent read a more incorrect statement in a while. there must be something wrong with your bike because that gearing should lauch a wheelie just looking at the throttle.

a -1/+2 is more than a lot of people can handle.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 AM

yeah i have a friend that has a -1/+2 and his bike will stand up easy and its lowered as well.he has just get on it pretty hard and it will get up. he said it made a huge difference in his acceleration.oh and thanks for the gearing specs.ive been tryin to figure out but haven't been able to find it. i'm orderin the front sprocket today.gettin it from vortex.thanks baxsom. and nauree that gear change may not have a difference not because of the bike but of the rider.ya gotta pull harder on the throttle to make it go faster

Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 AM

Wow.. after a month the 600 is "kinda slow". You must ride with Rossi and Hayden.
At least SOMEONE said it.

I agree, if you think a 600 is slow (ESP an 07 RR) I wish you would sell it and check your ego at the door before you buy another one.
THAT my friend is how you get hurt on a bike.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 AM

if you know what your doin you won't get hurt.when you act stupid is when you get hurt, not just when it feels slow sometimes.ride with a group of 1000s and and a couple of busas and tell me if you feel so fast anymore.not...your *** will get smoke when you ride with em.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 AM

if you know what your doin you won't get hurt.when you act stupid is when you get hurt, not just when it feels slow sometimes.ride with a group of 1000s and and a couple of busas and tell me if you feel so fast anymore.not...your *** will get smoke when you ride with em.
Lets start over here. First off.........I ride a 1000.
Second........I can make 90% of the clowns riding 1000's look like vespa scooters on my wifes R6. Hence the reason I ride a 1000. Do i need to? Nope. And at the track a 600 is my weapon of choice (or my 900RR when I had it). The street is where I like the 1000 simply for it's bottomless torque. Were I trying to go at full pace all the time.....a 750 would be the utlimate flagship.

So no.........i wont get smoked and I'm afraid that those boys on the 1000's are the folks that are going to feel slow. I will take the Pepsi Challenge. I have passed and lapped every manner of 1000 and "Busa" you could imagine at the track. I've also had my plastic sucked off by AMA race prepped 600RR's by CCS champion level riders. It's all in the rider and I'm willing to bet the guys that you ride with are not as great as you think. The bike is masking their skills, or lack there of. Just as you want a quicker accelerating bike to mask your lack of skill. Go to a track school or riding school and learn to ride and THEN tell me the 600 wont keep up. It wont keep up because you dont know what you're doing. If after 4 months you think you're good, you are in for a rude awakening my friend. A stock SV-650 would make you look silly at the track so...........it's not the bike at all that makes it fast. It's the goon hanging on to it.

Either way.....good luck. You might as well buy a 1000RR if you are just trying to keep up with other 1000's. Get it over with and dont waste your money on a 600 trying to make it fast enough to run with a liter bike because you wont squeeze 150+hp out of a 600 on a working mans budget.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:45 AM

hmmm. i don't remember sayin i was a good rider but ok. and let me be quiet then because lets not hurt your pride because i seemed to have done so.so go ride your bike better than everybody else and be happy knowin that your the best out there runnin aroundthe track and on your driveway.this noob of a goon(as how some would say)is just gona keep on riding.and next time i won't hurt your pride so you won't have to get so defensive.it'll all be ok

Old 11-09-2007, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

I know the stock rear tooth count on the CBR600RR7 is 43. The front has slipped my mind but it's either a 15 or 16th count sprocket. If you're trying to stunt the bike -1 +2 will work great. But if this is your first bike I would take more time to get to know it but you dump it.

Remember Cover that REar Brake!
wrong
stock gearing on a US spec 07 600RR is 16/42

Thanks Baxsom... and this whole time I thought I was running a +2 sprocket. [&:]. Gearing is 16/42 and I'm running a +3 in the rear.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: sixtwoishere

Gixxereater was merely pointing out the truth. It takes a Very Skilled rider on a 1000 to keep up with a skilled rider on a 600. Sports Rider Mag ran the new 07 600 up against the 1000gixxer and 1098 duc. and the 600 came in second place by less then 2 seconds behind the gixxer.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

i'm not talkin bout on the track.i don't do the whole track thing...well not yet i don't. i just ride around town with the fellas.im not all track crazy yet. ridin on the street the guys will kill you all day. i know on the track that a 600 is gonna win all day.i'm talkin street ridin

Old 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM

You're right. [sm=thanx.gif]

Quick Reply: HELP WITH SPROCKETS!!!