600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Few Questions About Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Zachb01
's Avatar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions About Nitrous

Ive owned a bike here for a few months now, and im looking to upgrade my 2005 CBR 600rr some. I was thinking about doing a Power Commander 3 and a 30 shot of nitrous or so, so I can pick on a few of my friends. I was wondering is there anything I should know/ be worried of before I do this? Almost all of my friends own 1000's and I wanna be different when it comes to modding my 600.

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: Few Questions About Nitrous

You want nitrous to look coolin front ofyour friends?

Who cares what your friends think.

Ride because you like riding not to look cool.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Zachb01
's Avatar

I dont think you understand what im doing, Im talking about going faster for cheaper not "looking cool". .....Im not even going to tell them I have it is the point. I never said anywhere in my post about wanting to "look cool" or show off.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Zachb01

I dont think you understand what im doing, Im talking about going faster for cheaper not "looking cool". .....Im not even going to tell them I have it is the point. I never said anywhere in my post about wanting to "look cool" or show off.

No, but it was heavily implied. The only thing you need to be concerned about while using nitrous is the usual engine exploding or a engine flare though the airbox. ow that would suck.

Nitrous is a good way to ruin an engine. awesome horsepower gains, but that first hit is going to make your eyes widen and anus pucker. the 600RR is already pretty friggin fast and much more of a street bike any one company can lay claim to. unless you're heavy into drag strip competitions, i suggest just the PC and a full exhaust system instead of nitrous. if you want power, Arata Full Ti is what you want. drop bike weight to add thrust. you could also drop a gear up front and up two in the rear for some play time. that will increase your accelleration, but your top end speed will suffer. oh well i say, since you get busted for anything over 200% and you're looking at a possible suspension anyway.

unless you're a ****** LEO runner. then you can do what ever it takes to run your *** into a tree at 170 mph. otherwise stick to conventional gain methods.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Zachb01

Thats fine with me, I really wont try to stop you. Save them money buy the NOS kit. Dont upgrade piston rings, piston, connecting rods, ect... and see how many times you can shot NOS before blowing it.

Take the advice above and stick with conventional methods

Old 05-19-2007, 04:44 AM

i hope you like adjusting the valves and rebuilding heads ha, thats what my buddies are always doing on their (street driven) drag cars with spray...

but like i told my buddy who jus put a turbo on his truck... you need to build up the main components before any power adders... make sure your motor can handle a 50hp gain even if your only planning on a 30hp gain...

but if your aware of what parts will be worn out faster, and ok with possible down time if the motor takes a dump then i say go for it, but do not use it on the street... puts tooo many people at risk since the bike could get away from you quicker than before.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:30 PM

if ya want to tool on your friends and are set on nitrous, build the motor the right way. then you can tool on them ALOT more times than you will be if you just throw nitrous on a stock motor. and you will be able to say how you upgraded, pistons, rings, etc. and sound even COOOOLER!

Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 PM

are we missing the point here......"Ive owned a bike here for a few months now, and im looking to upgrade my 2005 CBR 600rr some.".....he has owned A bike for A FEW MONTHS--sounds like a first time rider and he wants to put NOS on the bike.....i think were missing the bigger point that the kid is bat S%$T crazy if he thinks he can HANDLE that kind of upgrade after "a few months" of riding

Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL...
NICE replied guys...ahhhahhhaha...

Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 PM

what a squid[8D] if this is really his first bike, look out on ebay for a salvage 06 600rr. i love guys like this, its where i get all my parts from!!

Quick Reply: Few Questions About Nitrous