600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Clear Alternative Integrated Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Alternative Integrated Tail Light

Has anyone swapped the tail light for the clear alternative integrated one? Freaking love it. $85 shipped on eBay, less than a week to receive and very easy to install. I tired taking pictures of the process, but my flash caused most of the pics to white out. Stupid me. I did get a good before and after shot. The light is actually brighter than stock and the fast flash doesn't bother me at all. It has resisters in the kit (really cheap heavy ones) but they don't slow it down much at all. I just left it as is and it's not really that fast. We'll have to see how it works after I put my flush mount LEDs on the front (using less voltage might cause them to flash faster). The install couldn't be easier... highly recommend it. The picture doesn't do it any justice...

Name:  beforeandafter.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  101.5 KB

Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Default RE: Clear Alternative Integrated Tail Light

Huge differnce Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big pimpin, bra..............nice.....can't wait to get mine

Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 AM

looks good don!
i just ordered the competition werkes fender eliminator kit for my bike.. arrives friday! can't wait!

Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Retired Administrator

I'm still using my hand made plate bracket... I don't know what I'm going to do when I install my RS5. I really want to take off everything so it's open... but I have to figure out how to make a different one. I have access to a sheet metal shop and could not live with myself if I paid $150 for a freaking bracket. Just seems really high to me for what it is. I mean it is just metal and not much of it... $50 would be high in my opinion.

I also took the red reflectors off the side… watch out, I’m becoming quite the rebel. I just thought about it… my state inspection runs out after I move to f*** em. I’ll update my gallery and post a thread with better pics once I have a few mods finished.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 AM

yeah i know what you mean don... the CW kit is pretty $$. i've been looking to get it for about 3 months now. i've looked at many other models... even thought about getting the CA integrated lights and buying a swing arm mount for the plate. but i recently got rid of one of my helmets and used that money towards the CW kit also, recently saw the CW installed on a 600rr in person and it looked GOOD. i'll be sure to post rear-end pics of my bike... before & after... stay tuned.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:22 AM

hey don check out my webshots, i made a custom license plate bracket to fit my rs5 exhaust and it cleans it up really well.. you only see the license plate no bracket visible.. let me know what you think! http://community.webshots.com/album/541775987JdLIXP

Old 01-12-2006, 02:26 AM

hey don check out my webshots, i made a custom license plate bracket to fit my rs5 exhaust and it cleans it up really well.. you only see the license plate no bracket visible.. let me know what you think! http://community.webshots.com/album/541775987JdLIXP

[IMG]local://upfiles/4260/66055D2D5BD640E183B9D94A5349263C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Hey don.....remember those little metal brackets that the rear reflectors mounted on? Well, put them back on backwards so that they angle underneath, then take a pair of vise grips and bend the bottoms of them 90 degrees so that they are perpendicular to the bike and parallel with each other...the holes will actually be close enough to mount your license plate on them.

Just a cheap way to use what you've got.

-Adam

Old 01-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Retired Administrator

Nice.... this is the way I like to see the forum working. Great tips guys.

manningr2, I've already posted in your other thread praising your pictures/work of your bike and mods. Love it. I also asked a few questions so go answer them when you have time.

isolated1523, that sounds like a great idea. I will keep it in mind if I don't/can't use manningr2's method. I need to keep a license plate light and I'm not sure if I can make one work with his setup. Using the reflector brackets like you said, I can hide the wiring around it and keep it away from the exhaust.

cbr04, I thought about the swing arm mount, but again... license plate light kills it for me. I have to have one and I will not do anything that leaves wires exposed more than they have to be. I know the CW kit looks good and I hope I don't sound cheap... but come on... $150, $50 maybe, but hell no to $150. Look at what they have in the product.

I work around a machine shop and can pick up scrap metal (aluminum or stainless) and make it for next to nothing. All I'd have to buy is the hinge and roller they use to make it swing up. If someone has close up pictures of it that I can use as a template... I might be able to make a few of them.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:20 AM

not being cheap don... just being practical. i got it cuz it's something i wanted for a while... simple as that. when i get it i'll take close ups of it.. both on and off the bike. if you could make something similar for less $$... i'm sure a few guys on here would be interested

Quick Reply: Clear Alternative Integrated Tail Light