600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

best performance upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best performance upgrade?

so winter is wrong the corner (least for Minnesota it is haha) and want to work on the bike this winter and want to know the best performance parts i can add.

i plan to add a 2 bros slip on and PCIII but i dont know what else to do. can any one help? and is 2 bros really that good? i want somethin that sounds bad *** not like a tuner ya knw

Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Default RE: best performance upgrade?

a slip on isnt goin to help you that much in the performance area. the best way to go is full exhaust but its more expensive. the way you can feel power not get any is by changing your sprockets. another way is by braided lines but that isnt hp.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:54 AM

If you are deciding on exhaust I have a few tips you may or may not be interested in "just trying to help".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCzlWpSb9Cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSn1cv8Lhjw
A full system is truely where the power increase is but not worth the price on a 600 in my opinion.
Two brothers is a good pipe buthoweveron every bike esspeacially the 600rr's. Both those pipes are a good choice and what i am going with myself. They have a very different sound the MBRP is a newer manufacture but and amazing new sound that just makes me wanna try it. Also a pc3 is a must esspeactially when your getting a pipe. I have a newly purchased power commander and stock everything BUT the new 600rr's are really great bikes and perform the best with slight "slight" modifications. I am getting the MBRP exhaust and then the most important part a dyno tune. After which i may think about changing the gearing but most likely I will run it like it is.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:49 PM

dynojet, a new K&Nair filter and the RIGHT slip on exhaust can gain lots of power. i have an erion racing pipe, and on their website they even have dyno charts mapping out their gains with that slip-on

Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbrrandy

If you are deciding on exhaust I have a few tips you may or may not be interested in "just trying to help".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCzlWpSb9Cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSn1cv8Lhjw
A full system is truely where the power increase is but not worth the price on a 600 in my opinion.
Two brothers is a good pipe buthoweveron every bike esspeacially the 600rr's. Both those pipes are a good choice and what i am going with myself. They have a very different sound the MBRP is a newer manufacture but and amazing new sound that just makes me wanna try it. Also a pc3 is a must esspeactially when your getting a pipe. I have a newly purchased power commander and stock everything BUT the new 600rr's are really great bikes and perform the best with slight "slight" modifications. I am getting the MBRP exhaust and then the most important part a dyno tune. After which i may think about changing the gearing but most likely I will run it like it is.
but it is on what a 1k that doesnt need any more power???

full exhaust, PC III and dyno tune n custom map. Regear -1/+2. Good Brake pads, SS lines. And good sticky tires like PP 2CT's or Corsa IIIs.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM

+1 to playfulgod

Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Retired Moderator

The bike already has more power than the tires can handle........throw money at the suspension and tires if you are looking into "true" performance gains, instead of minor "go slightly faster" gains that you would never be able to use. If you want the bike to go fast in a straight line, then look to trade up to a Hayabusa. If you want the bike to handle and be able to put as much power to the road as possible, then upgrade suspension, tires and brakes.

Even just having the suspension setup properly for your weight and tuned to your liking will dramatically improve the performance.

Another way to DRASTICALLY improve the bikes performance is to improve the riders performance. I would highly suggest throwing some money at advanced motorcycling schools (aka California Superbike School). I've already taken Level I, and I'm going back to Laguna Seca for Level II. THAT is the way you make your already insanely quick bike quicker........quickening the rider with reflex training and advanced cornering techniques.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

The bike already has more power than the tires can handle........throw money at the suspension and tires if you are looking into "true" performance gains, instead of minor "go slightly faster" gains that you would never be able to use. If you want the bike to go fast in a straight line, then look to trade up to a Hayabusa. If you want the bike to handle and be able to put as much power to the road as possible, then upgrade suspension, tires and brakes.

Even just having the suspension setup properly for your weight and tuned to your liking will dramatically improve the performance.

Another way to DRASTICALLY improve the bikes performance is to improve the riders performance. I would highly suggest throwing some money at advanced motorcycling schools (aka California Superbike School). I've already taken Level I, and I'm going back to Laguna Seca for Level II. THAT is the way you make your already insanely quick bike quicker........quickening the rider with reflex training and advanced cornering techniques.

truth^^^

Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Enough said

Name:  101-18.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  53.1 KB

Old 09-08-2008, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

+1 trillion on that ^^^^

That being said already....

You have an 07 and one of the best quick performance mods I did was to gut the intake and take out all the baffling that's in there for noise and EPA requirements (quick and easy mod..2 hours max). I also have a DNA airfilter, PCIII, Full exhaust, Pair Mod, Ignition Module and Dynojet quickshifter...all combined has pretty muchsqueezed out all the performance you can get with these things without doing the internals or putting a turbo on it. PM me if you want some more info

RED

Quick Reply: best performance upgrade?