600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Best deals on chrome wheels for 06 cbr600rr

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best deals on chrome wheels for 06 cbr600rr

Is ebay going to be the best place for good deals for chrome wheels or does anyone else know of a good web site to use?

Old 01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Default RE: Best deals on chrome wheels for 06 cbr600rr

Dude, don't chrome your wheels. That makes them extremely heavy and if you got a C- in Physics you'd know that a the hevier a rotating mass is, the more gyroscopic force it has. You chrome those wheels, and it'll be 10 times harder to turn. If you want to bling those wheels, polish the aluminum.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

Dude, don't chrome your wheels. That makes them extremely heavy and if you got a C- in Physics you'd know that a the hevier a rotating mass is, the more gyroscopic force it has. You chrome those wheels, and it'll be 10 times harder to turn. If you want to bling those wheels, polish the aluminum.
I dont think you know waht your talking about

go here http://www.chromeprosplating.com/wik...e_wheel_prices

this is what i did for my 02 954.. did the exchange process they are fast and rims look really good!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

I dont think you know waht your talking about

go here http://www.chromeprosplating.com/wik...e_wheel_prices

this is what i did for my 02 954.. did the exchange process they are fast and rims look really good!
Knightslugger is 100% correct.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

they might be a little heavier and yes more weight.. longer to stop and so on but i have had chrome rims and drove seveal bikes with chrome rims.. it is NOT 10 times hard to turn... and polished aluminum takes FOREVER to do.. doens't look as good and alot harder to upkeep.. you will not notice anything with chrome rims..

Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

they might be a little heavier and yes more weight.. longer to stop and so on but i have had chrome rims and drove seveal bikes with chrome rims.. it is NOT 10 times hard to turn... and polished aluminum takes FOREVER to do.. doens't look as good and alot harder to upkeep.. you will not notice anything with chrome rims..
Heaven forbid you actually have to DO something to get the results you want...

If all you're doing is riding in town and in a straight line, you probably wont notice it. However, if you're doing some back road carving of any sort, it becomes a very large burden. Think about it a little harder. It's all about physics and isn't debatable. I've seen quite a few aluminum polish jobs that look just as shiny as chromed wheels do. If you think it looks like **** after you're done, then you aren't doing it correctly.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 AM

Haha, this is the same guy from the forced NWS gps thread. What a dipstick. bobjoezx - Darwin award nominee

Old 01-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

chrome looks way better then polished everytime.. second.. if you are having troubles turning and you are blaming it because you have chrome rims.. you have some problems.. i mean how much weight are you really adding because of the chrome

TheX .. do you anything intelligent to say

Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM

bobjoezx definetly getting darwin award here. It's not the difficult turning the bike, it's that the increased gyroscopic force can lead to an unstable ride. Aka getting that resonating shake on the highway or coming out of a hard turn and tank slapper here ya come.

polish the rims, chrome is for florida riders with those ugly *** extended swingarms.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

i am not debating physics noram i saying put shiny *** chrome wheels and parts on a race bike.. i am saying that for what a regular person does on a sportbike is not goin to affect his riding style, and second he wants chrome.. he wanted advise on prices and where..so i told him...

Quick Reply: Best deals on chrome wheels for 06 cbr600rr