600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

09 Mod research

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 09 Mod research

I bought a Honda CBR 600RR Phoenix edition, I am making a game plan on building a clean CBR without being cheap about it.
I am planning on buying a Yoshimura RS-5 carbon fiber slip-on.
I plan on getting a silver windshield after that, just not sure which brand, I want the same height windshield as stock I just want a silver windshield, and I don't want to paint it because I believe it to be a cheap tacky thing-I'm not sure what brand to go for.
The next mods I am planning are flush mount turn signals, I would like to find some that are clean and match the body flow and possibly color of the Next 8000k diamond white HID lights, I can get bulbs for pretty cheap because I have a friend who orders HIDS in large bulk. Not sure of where I can find a decent balast or where I would mount it on the bike.
Integrated flush rear turn signals Not sure of the brand to loo for, or if they would look cleaner if I actually flush mount them on the back sides of the tail.
Last and not least I want to find a clean fender eliminator and a integrated tail light to go above my exhaust.
I'm looking for brand names, ideas on how to make it clean and general two sense.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM

I just bought a Phoenix brand new. I ordered a full system yoshi exhaust,frame sliders, and fender eliminator. I guess try yoshi. I'm pretty new to mods on street bikes. Sorry if it's not any help.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have hot bodies flushmounts and i love them. I also have DDM tuning HIDs and the ballasts arent to hard to get in. Here is what i have done.

With the ballast right here you can only see the two wires that go into the light itself. It looks extreamly clean. ill get a picture later of what i see from being ontop of my bike. And heat is not a problem. 3M tape is holding very well.

Here is a walkthrough i did for the flushmounts. It also helps you with the fairing removal process which im sure you know is very difficult it is due to the added coverage. https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/how-install-hotbodies-flushmounts-remove-fairings-110686/

Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 AM

I have done quite a bit of research, I'm thinking about getting watsens flush mount and arapolvic.
The 09 headers are pretty good so its not like it used to be you add a full exhaust and get a nominal HP gain, the full yosh system gains like 4 hp, money could be better spent on a good power commander

Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 PM

I have the HID's, just get a kit from ebay for a car, it comes with two bulbs and two ballasts, you just need to get the one for your bulb size. And btw, diamond white is going to be 6000k not 8000k, the 8's are more blue.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:28 AM

Or you can PM me for my prices. Mine are very very reasonable. I have a set of 6k in my truck and will never go back.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:11 PM

As far as HIDS I have a friend that runs a website or something like that not sure. i know he orders HID bulbs in bulk, he told me he could get me set up with everything for a really good price. I thought about doing projectors.
I havent heard good things abouth yosh on honda's, someone told me they were geared towards suzui at first then opened up R&D for the other brands. I am now thinking about going with arepolvich.
Can anybody tell me what brand of turn signals and integrated brake lights are the best, i am looking into putting primo parts on my bike, and just trying to make a CLEAN tastful CBR.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:19 AM

Depends on what kind of Turn signals you want. Do you want flushmount or stubbies? i went with hotbodies flushmounts there clear so it doesnt throw off the white of my pheonix much but they are amber so i do believe there $50 including the shipping on hot bodies website - HotBodiesRacing.com. I am currently looking for a Fender eliminator kit but id really like to make a custom one if anyone has any ideas let me kno

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM

I'm looking for flush mounts, i believe watsens has the polar white colar that matches the phoenix, their flushmounts are nice and cost like 120 for the set.
I looked at the fender, i'm probably going to cut the bottom half and go from there. I will probably custom fabricate a license holder and attach the license above my wheel. Not really sure why people dont do it more often guess ill find out.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 PM

I put a Yosh RS-5 stainless slip on, on my 09 Phoenix I can't compare the sound with others, but I do know I really like the way it sounds. Also the HP gain is minimal, but the weight reduction is about 15 lbs. That itself it just like adding HP. As far as the flush mounts, I bought a junk set and don't really like them, but I found some I'm going to order from craigscustoms. They are pretty cool. Now the fender eliminator I am looking at is from CBRHeaven Full brake light, both turn signals, plate mounting and plate light included. All LEDS. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 09 Mod research