600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

08 600RR mods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 600RR mods?

Any recommendations on mod's? A buddy of mine said I need to get rid of the fish tail plate holder, but I don't know what to replace it with. This ismy first bike and I'm a complete newbie. I could use all the help I can get.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22458/48CD3B9DF7674053974BC8120C8AEA13.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Default RE: 08 600RR mods?

The best "mod" you can do is a R.R.K. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Seriously though... Get good gear, an learn to ride the bike first.. Then upgrade it. The first thing I would recommened is a good set of frame sliders like woodcraft.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:44 PM

^^^x2 on what he said. Learn to ride the damn thing first it's fast enough as it is.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I don't need to make it faster. I meant visual mods or accessories. Maybe mod is not the right way to put it. I saw some bikes where the license plate holder is more underneath the bike, and closer to the tire. That looks better than coming right off the bottom of the exhaust. I'd really like to get a gear indicator.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:47 PM

I'm saying learn to ride it first because... Odds are you are going to lay it down. And when you do you're going to bust up your indicators, mirriors, plate holder, etc... Now would you rather bust up the ugly stock stuff and then replace it with cosmetic stuff or bust up the cosmetic stuff and have to buy it agian or even put the stock stuff back on?

Honestly I'd take that money and hit an advanced riding school long before tarting it up with cosmetic bolt-on stuff.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM

+1 on the Frame Sliders! .... and keep the mirrors and turn signals on for a little while til you get some miles under your belt. If it goes down the frame sliders, mirrors, and turn signals will take most of the damage on a slow fall hopefully. After getting to know the bike look into things likeF.E. , Flush mounts, Double bubble screen, and Slip-on.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frame sliders is a must and a first. Then I would probably upgrade the turn signals to either Rizoma's or Watsen's down the road with an HID kit to round it off. I would also add rim stripes (the style I have) to the bike as well.

The first thing I would do though is get yourself some really good gear. Get a good helmet with a clear and tinted visor, good leather jacket, some riding boots, good set of gloves and either touring pants or leather pants (or you can get a 2-piece leather suit which you can use either the jacket by itself or the suit as a whole). Good gear will set you back some, but it's worth it 10000000000000 times more than some cool looking turn signals or an FE kit.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

The first thing I would do though is get yourself some really good gear. Get a good helmet with a clear and tinted visor, good leather jacket, some riding boots, good set of gloves and either touring pants or leather pants (or you can get a 2-piece leather suit which you can use either the jacket by itself or the suit as a whole). Good gear will set you back some, but it's worth it 10000000000000 times more than some cool looking turn signals or an FE kit.
Plus, quality gear will you get more street cred with seasoned riders than every bolt on people willsay "you just gotta have".

Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Syph0r

Yeah, I don't need to make it faster. I meant visual mods or accessories. Maybe mod is not the right way to put it. I saw some bikes where the license plate holder is more underneath the bike, and closer to the tire. That looks better than coming right off the bottom of the exhaust. I'd really like to get a gear indicator.
make sure and check local laws on this. some states the plate has to be the furthest point back on the bike. some cops care, some dont

but yeah, gear first
good helmet, boots, leather jacket and gloves at the least because road rash is a bitch
might want to consider some good riding pants as well for the same reason

then bike crash protection
axle and fork sliders
then frame sliders (read protect the frame not the fairings)
clutch and stator covers so you can ride the bike home after the low side
aftermarket rearsets also help in crash protection because the pegs dont fold up

then steel brake lines so the brakes dont go all mushy when the fluid gets hot

after that then have at it
assuming you have taken the proper riding courses before you bought the bike of course other wise that should be first thing

Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: jbrown

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Plus, quality gear will you get more street cred with seasoned riders than every bolt on people willsay "you just gotta have".

Thanks for the input guys. I've already got Joe Rocket Jacket and gloves, and aFulmer Helmet. I just need to order some boots and pants. They didn't have any in stock at the bike store that I like.

Quick Reply: 08 600RR mods?