1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

New rearsets or powdercoat stock ones?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Default New rearsets or powdercoat stock ones?

Hey guys I am looking to turn all my silver parts on my bike black so that it really pops my silver fairings. I already order new black levers and I am going to paint the rear passanger pegs. I have two questions though.

My first is do you guys recommend any spray on paint or anything cause I really dont want to remove the subframe just to take off my passenger footpegs.

My other question was what do you guys recommend. Getting my stock rearsets powder coated black or buying a nice pair of black adjustable ones?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 AM

its really up to you man, if you have the money for adjustable rearsets, then go for it. but if youre on a budget, then powdercoat is the way to go.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:49 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

u can get adj. black ones off ebay for 200 bucks... much cheaper than pc..

Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 AM

another option is 2 pack/2k. heres a pic of my swingarm done in 2 pack, not a DIY job though unless you know what your doing as the paint is quite toxic. looks great,very hard and resists scratching and can have pearls etc added like on the pic of my wheels. powder coat is great just get someone good otherwise it may come out kinda a dull finish, unless thats the look you want. adjustable rear sets are great if your standard ones arent comfortable.... and you can show off to your mates lol.

good luck champ,

chris

Attached Thumbnails New rearsets or powdercoat stock ones?-13022010164.jpg   New rearsets or powdercoat stock ones?-04042010348.jpg