1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

My CBR1000RR-05

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been like christmas day for me today, got a phone call from the mrs today to say i had 2 deliveries turn up! So i open up the first box and almost start dribbling when i see my carbon swinging arm panels...
Name:  FILE0003-3.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  37.8 KB
This is the Exhaust system i've been looking everywhere for, i kid you not, i have searched every night religiously for the past 3 months for this...
Name:  FILE0008.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  28.4 KB
It's the Hotbodies underseat exhaust system...There are lots of mixed reviews about this system, the main ones are... There is no map available, the undertray can warp when ridden for long periods of time (eg touring) and they only add 4-6bhp but...
I'm not getting a PCIII so don't require a map, i'm certainly not doing distance/touring on it, and this bike is ample fast enough for me as it is so 4-6bhp is a bonus! On the plus side they look fooking gorgeous, apparently sound amazing, and most importantly, they're fooookin loud!!!!!!
This is what it should look like once it's properly cleaned up and sprayed...
Name:  hotbodykit.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  25.8 KB
Looking forward to getting stuck into my bike this weekend as long as it's not pouring down...again

Last edited by wild bill; 12-03-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
April 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bike is looking good! Everything is meshing together very well. Post pics when you get everything installed (well i know you will). I just picked up an exhaust for my 06 so i'm excited to get home tonight and install it

Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by burk3385
The bike is looking good! Everything is meshing together very well. Post pics when you get everything installed (well i know you will). I just picked up an exhaust for my 06 so i'm excited to get home tonight and install it
Hahaha, yeah i know what you mean, i can't wait to hear mine once i put this pipe on, unfortunately the undertail is not in the best of conditions and needs holes filled and color matched in red etc but i can't do that till after christmas now. I will fit the pipe and fire it up within the next week or so if i can, problem is i've got $hit loads of work on at the moment and everytime i've got a day or two off it rains!

Cheers

Last edited by wild bill; 12-04-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-06-2009, 05:00 PM

Even though it needs the wire wheel running over it and several layers of VHT paint i just had to do a mock-up today... Believe it or not it wasn't that hard to fit, the hard bit was taking the OE system off and removing the EXUP thingamebob, once the OE system was off the HB exhaust went on easy. Here are a couple of shots of it on, i still need to get a clamp for the link and give the HB a few coats of VHT then get the undertail/tail colour matched.
Name:  FILE0007_2.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  67.9 KB
Name:  FILE0004_1.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  69.3 KB
Here's a little sound bite for ya, i'm definitely gonna have to be careful where i open this up now, the police will be swarming round me if i give it a handful, the video don't really do it any justice, it sounds really deep and quite loud when your actually standing next to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvY43wGdks0

Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 PM

I spent a few hours today fitting my carbon swinging arm covers, as always it was a bit more involved than i thought but i'm happy with the end result, just the carbon chain guard to fit now and that should round it off nicely.
Name:  FILE0010-2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  53.8 KB
Name:  FILE0011-2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  58.9 KB
Once christmas is out the way i'm gonna concentrate on the paint, just a few bits i want to get color matched and changed.

Right, the bikes on hold for a few weeks because i'm gonna be drinking way too much beer and stuffing my face with things that are no good for me.

Have a good one folks

Old 01-18-2010, 06:47 PM

For the first time in weeks the sun was out today i took the opportunity to put those gold levers on that have been sitting on the kitchen shelf for a few weeks, really pleased with the look but really surprised with just how small they are! It's probably hard to tell by looking at the pictures but they are tiny, quite literally a two fingered lever! They feel good and i normally ride using 2 or 3 fingers anyway but i'll see how i get on once i take it out for an hour or so, i can't really moan, they were under £50 ($80)
Name:  IMGP0057.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  92.7 KB

Old 03-01-2010, 03:59 PM

I took half day off work today seeing as they forecast good weather and spent the afternoon in the garden in the sun fitting my rear sets, once i get a nice little billet master cylinder and i decent hose on the back it should improve the look and tidy it up a bit, i'm happy with them tho
Name:  RHrset.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  65.7 KB
Name:  LHrset.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  66.8 KB

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Picked my parts up from the spray shop this weekend, really pleased with the results.
Was a bit pi$$ed off it was raining as i was really looking forward to fitting them.
He asked to have an origional part just in case the paint wasn't a perfect match so the seat unit is the origional red, think he's done quite well, looks almost spot on to me.
Name:  FILE0043-1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  36.0 KB

A couple of days later...

The colour match was spot on, i did have doubts that it wouldn't look like the origional paint but he has got it almost perfect. Here's a few shots taken in the sun, can't wait till i get the wheels done, that should be the icing on the cake (for me).
Name:  FILE0046.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  64.3 KB
Name:  FILE0049.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  62.2 KB
Name:  FILE0048.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  80.6 KB

Old 04-03-2010, 04:54 PM

Just been back down to the sprayshop to collect my wheels, i must say hes done an amazing job, really pleased with the result but gonna have to wait till Tuesday to have the tires fitted now, hopefully have it back together for a quick hack around town this weekend coming
Name:  05wheels.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  82.7 KB

Old 04-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, man. Those wheels are gonna look sick on that bike!

Quick Reply: My CBR1000RR-05