1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

installing PC, RS5 slipon and Protons question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing PC, RS5 slipon and Protons question

How long should it take me to install a PC, Yoshi RS5, and Proton flush mounts? I do have a mechanical background as I work on aircraft. Also if anyone has any tips or suggestions on the installations,that would be great aswell! Thanks for your info in advance!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Default RE: installing PC, RS5 slipon and Protons question

It all depends on:
If you have the right tools accessible
Intructions are always a help
Send the kids & wife to the mall or something will always speed up the process

Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 PM

LOL, I have no wife or kids, so I wont have anyone nagging at me. And I do have all the tools I will need, and if not, work is just a short drive away! Just that when I will be able to install these items, I will be under a time crunch when it comes time too install them, I dont want it to be a 2 day job. I should be able to block out six hours to take care off all this. Just hoping that it doesnt take more than that.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM

>I just installed my PC3 and it was pretty fast (other than my mistake...not connecting to the TPS) make sure you connect to the LOWER injectors and the TPS is located on the Lt side under the mid fairing (2004-2005).

Old 05-04-2007, 11:10 PM

the onnly trouble i had was teh exhaust cable , damn cable was hung up so i cut it off

Old 05-05-2007, 06:05 AM

Well I just installed the Protons, PC3, and my Yoshi and it was fun and a breeze to do. Did it all in about 4 hours with an interuption from a GF and mom. I must say that the bike looks really sic now with the Protons, the pipe has a killer sound and I can feel huge increase in my giddyup and go! Must give a huge thanks to those that have this same set up for insperation. When I was in the middle east I would look and see what everyone is doing with their bikes from this site, so I must give thanks to you all. If anyone of you find yourselfs in the Omaha area, let me know and I will buy you a beer or two! Now all I need is for my FE to get in and I will be all set! (for now)

Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 PM

took me 5-hrs to do the slip-on, PC-III, and watson flushmounts, and the Integrated taillight....including the resistors.....this includes the half hour i spent looking for the TPS connector...lol....and i had the dang factory service manual...

but i pre-loaded the map to the PC-III before tear-down, and pre-wired/soldered the resistors in line from a doner set of turnsignal harnesses so everything was plug-and-play, and bolt-on/bolt-off

btw, its a hell of allot easier if your gas tank is about empty.....lol.....i filled mine up the night before like a dummy....and that thing was heavy.....had to siphon most of it out so i could flip it up to get to the injectors

also, now would be a good time to upgrade your air-filters and do the Intake Flapper mod on the airbox...

and when you are putting the tank cover back on, a little dish-soap around the rubber gasket on the fule cap will make it ALLOT easier to get the damn thing back through the cover