1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Hand crafted exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hand crafted exhaust

I am going to try to post my new exhaust. Its hand crafted one off TITANIUM exhaust. I am going to powder coat it black and then put it on....notice the inlet its 2 1/2 diameter. Nice huh. I will let you know how it sounds and then put in on the dyno.

Instant message me for some pics..for some reason they are to large to download on here.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hand crafted exhaust

Marine...Ti is coool !!!!!!!!! One off !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, you might reconsider powder... Its a drag to strip, if you need repairs, from a crack or mount fracture. IMHO, part of the beauty of a Ti system... the great way the exaust heat, colors the system. Totaly GP cool !!!!!!! Whats the story, on how you found the pipe?? I love find'n totaly coool stuff, like that... Good for you!!!!!!!!!!
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hand crafted exhaust

I bought if off a friend. Supposedly its one off. I took it to my friend whos a master welder and he even said that is some very high class craftmanship. I just measured my Jardine RT-1 muffler and it roughly came out to 16 inches on the plus side. I measured my new pipe, thats at a staggering 20 inches. The inlet exhaust port is huge. I paid very little for it, so i am pondering on cutting it down to 10-12 inches total. Reason why i wanted to powder coat it is because it will be kind of hidden with all the black from the plastic underneath. Keep the ideas coming. I am still in the brainstorming process. If you want I can send you an email through aol. Just instant message me your email addy.

Semper Fi