1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Flapper Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flapper Mod

ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

Ordered the motovation sliders. Was gonna go w/the shoguns till i read about em bending into the engine, even at low/no speed. E/one is out of stock of em right now, but sposed to have more by the mid of this week.

I have a set of Motovations sliders and love them. It took mea little time to install them due to the fact the instructions are not very clear and I was a little nervious about taking bolts out of my brand new bike, but once I got over that they were no trouble.
A+

06 Silver 1K
CW FE
CA Intergraded Tail
Flush Mounts
Motovation Sliders

Old 12-19-2006, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

dont settle on substandard parts just so you can say i have a pipe

I have a Yosh RS-5 carbon cone exhaust. It sounds great and looks great. I had an RS-3 on my old gixxer that took a beating and held up fantastic (Took an impact from a car at around 25mph). I couldn't get myselft to spend 600 bucks on a slip on exhaust. To me it's not worth the money for 3 or 4 more whp. The bikes already make enough in bone stock form, more than 99% of us can handle. After having the yosh pipe I had on my suzuki I was sold on Yoshimura. I definately wouldn't call it a substandard part from personal experience.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 AM

ORIGINAL: MeyekulBayrd

I have a Yosh RS-5 carbon cone exhaust. It sounds great and looks great. I had an RS-3 on my old gixxer that took a beating and held up fantastic (Took an impact from a car at around 25mph). I couldn't get myselft to spend 600 bucks on a slip on exhaust. To me it's not worth the money for 3 or 4 more whp. The bikes already make enough in bone stock form, more than 99% of us can handle. After having the yosh pipe I had on my suzuki I was sold on Yoshimura. I definately wouldn't call it a substandard part from personal experience.
Yosh may be the pipe to get for the Suzuki GSX-R's but their performance on Honda's CBR line is far from desireable.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:00 PM

As I was riding home yesterday I came up with this idea. Sence this is such a hot discussed topic I thought I would try to get more information on the flapper. I will hook a vacuum gauge up and tape it to the tank so I can monitor it's readings. This will tell me what speed, RPM and possably gear this thing is working at. I will post some information soon if anyone cares.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:03 PM

Thank for the information , guys, keep it shinny side up.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

ORIGINAL: MeyekulBayrd

Yosh may be the pipe to get for the Suzuki GSX-R's but their performance on Honda's CBR line is far from desireable.
Like I said, I really didn't care about the gains. The bike makes PLENTY enough power already for anyone. I just wanted some sound and looks from a pipe that's durable. I'm sure it freed up some hp because the exhaust valve is gone and the stock can looks restrictive. I got the pipe new off ebay at a decent price that I couldn't turn down. It did however come with a silencer, but a drill and rivet gun took care of it in less than 30 mins.