1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

End of the sewing machine....finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End of the sewing machine....finally

Finally, I have new exhaust. I was getting sooooo tired of listening to my 1000cc sewing machine. Yoshi never came through. There last eta for delivery was beginning of september and i just decided to give up and move on. Bought the Two Bros Valle M2 in the titanium....all i can say is the sewing machine is no more; the bike is louder than i expected, especially when you jump on it. PS....recent threads talked about the need of a pc3 when using certain slip ons, I have to say that in this case that was simply not true. Two Bros doesn't recommend it, and when they did their dyno test, its just the slip on. I am hard headed and had some store credit to use up, so I bought one and had the shop try and set it up. Even at its lowest possible settings, the map still caused the bike to run too rich. They took it off, and it runs perfect from idle to redline. I will say I think you lose a touch from the onset, but the bike does seem stronger pulling through the mid and upper rpm ranges.....did the integrated tailight and fender elim at the same time, and only issue i have is to find a better looking heat shield. I ended up leaving the top of the aluminum shield on, as it appears to really keep the heat of the tailight and the seat, but i am not completely pleased with the appearance. Has anyone else put different heat shielding in place???? let me know, I got fix that. In any case, you can definitely hear me coming now, thats a good/bad thing....as not so sure i want 'the man' to hear me coming, but oh well rather that than the sewing machine

Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Default RE: End of the sewing machine....finally

They told you it would be September until you saw your Yosh? Wow, that sucks. I've been waiting on one for about 6 weeks now. I guess it's time to move on and go for something else.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Default RE: End of the sewing machine....finally

whats crazy is that if the bike was an 05, i could get one off the shelf....i have a buddy with an 05 and just can't see the dif.....but yeah, I just couldn't wait anymore, i am happy with the Two Bros, definitely sounds great