1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Best slip-on for power gains

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best slip-on for power gains

Looking for a slip-on that yields the best power gains (with PC3installed). I have seen some older posts but realize that pipe manufactures are often updating their designs and making improvements. Aside from how they look, how can their performance be best judged? Looking to spend wisely and get what I think I'm paying for.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Default RE: Best slip-on for power gains

http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...frameindex.htm

Lots of good info on this subject here. From what I've heard the arata or sato is best for hp gains. Just depends on what you want and how much your willing to spend to get it. The dyno is the only real way to know what your gaining. Some claim to "feel" the difference, but that a lil hard to put into blk/wht. I haven't heard of anything "new" making more than the 15-16 hp gains claimed by Sato/ Arata.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 PM

as far as the best pipe i always hear the same thing everywhere i check.. arata akro and sato...but what i wanna know is what da hell is the dif \?!! y arent all pipes the same? y is arata so much better than jardine or yoshi, seems like they are all shapped similarly, so y is there such a big dif in power gain?. and if its the width of the pipe, wouldnt the gain depend on the mods done to ur bike? i.e. if arata is perfect for stock cbrs, then wouldnt a pipe that is larger be better for bikes with some mods to them? sorry if these Qs are dumb, just trying to get my mind at ease.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 AM

I did some additional checking and did find where Akrapovic listed their slip- on as a gain of 3hp, and the peak hp increased from 151hp (stock)to 152hp (with slip-on).Looking at the dyno graph, the gain of 3hp came in at mid-range. Further they state that to achieve more hp gains, a full system is required.
I do agree with the previous post that all the slip-on are similar in design and it would seem realistic that they would produce similar hp gains (since all your changing is the slip-on), Heck a 3hp gain sould be very achievable with a free flowing design (which all slip-ons are marketed to be).
Does anyone else have any dyno numbers from other pipe manufactures (slip-ons)?

Old 01-11-2007, 02:17 AM

It's not just the size of the pipe.
Look really close at a picture of an Arata or Sato midpipe...
you'll see that it tapers & makes the shape of a cone.

They tune it to the exhaust pulses, and if you get it right it pulls the next wave out with it, basically making more HP. There is alot of R&D involved. The high end Jap stuff is just better designed. The newer Akro are great too.

FYI, the Arata FULL System Ti headers are actually smaller at the exhaust ports then the stockers.