1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Bazzaz QS4 on a 2007 1K

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazzaz QS4 on a 2007 1K

Just wondering if anyone else has the quick shift setup on their 2007 1K?

I have the stand alone QS.
Mine isn't working as expected and tech can't help me. They say the 07's were finicky cause of the gearing. Really? And yet you still sell it?
The problem is that it does not work at all shifting into 2nd and 3rd, or when it does after some adjusting the kill times, it's really hard on the drive line and I'd use my chain up in Months! Not to mention gears and sprockets.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has this issue and what they have done.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM

Hey draggin, I am wanting to order this for my bike...have u resolved the issue??? What happened?

Last edited by sickcbr1k; 02-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sickcbr1k
Hey draggin, I am wanting to order this for my bike...have u resolved the issue??? What happened?
Well, it's working. It took some learning and fine tuning, but it's working for the most part. Would I recommend you buy one? I wouldn't feel great about it but yeah, I think so.
Here's the thing, you can't be a lazy shifter for 1. It won't work if you think your just going to tap it up the next gear on your slow putt to the store. It has to be quick pressure, and, usually under some power. You don't have to be going all out, but ya can't be doing little quick shifts with hardly any revs. Not in the low gears. You may get away with it every now and then, but mostly you'll just be pressin the shifter for nothin until you realize your were too slow and let off the gas.
But when your riding aggressive and slamming gears, works great! I've taken the bike to the drags and not once did it fail to shift at full throttle. However, I'm not sure how other quick shifters are, I'm assuming the same way, but it's hard on the chain & sprockets if your chain isn't adjusted properly! So keep that in mind too.
But I've grown to like it pretty well now, glad I bought it. I don't use it on every shift, but when I'm chasin someone down, or someone thinks they're going to chase me down, it's nice to just keep it pegged and click off the gears!!
Let me know if you get one. And BTW, get yourself a GP shift lever to go along with it, you'll really appreciate the differance!

Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 AM

Well I just wanted to let you know that I didn't go with the bazzaz, because I was offered a little kick back program from MPS racing and tried their quick shifter. I still want to get the GP shift lever though... Thanks for your input! Happy Riding!!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Awe no kiddin, cool! How do you like it? Definitely get the lever tho! It just makes it even that much better and quicker. I got mine from OPPracing.com $90 bux I think I paid. Took me a couple few good rides to get used to it, but not bad at all, and I can still get on another bike and have no problems shifting that either, so it doesn't mess you up like you would think it would.