1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

08 1K slip on

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michael_cano
looks like i might have to invest in this harness as well. I'm looking to get a hotbodies "megaphone" exhaust. definitely don't want to have any codes
It won't cause a fault code to appear as long as you don't unplug the solenoid or leave the pulley that's on the end of it rotated to a different position. Look at where the notches for the exhaust valve cable are at on the pulley before you disconnect the cable and that's the position the pulley should be put back to after you're done.

Pdfruth is no longer making the ESRM but someone else is working on a replacement. I think he said he'll sell them for around $30 once everything goes to production.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
It won't cause a fault code to appear as long as you don't unplug the solenoid or leave the pulley that's on the end of it rotated to a different position. Look at where the notches for the exhaust valve cable are at on the pulley before you disconnect the cable and that's the position the pulley should be put back to after you're done.

Pdfruth is no longer making the ESRM but someone else is working on a replacement. I think he said he'll sell them for around $30 once everything goes to production.
that's good to know. I watched a video the other day and the people at hotbodies disconnect the servo motor completely it looked like. IDK what that does, but that's what it looked like they did to me. After that, they just hooked up the exhaust and everything was good. You know anything about that servo motor? I'm not sure what it does, i've heard that it gives you better low end power by reading the backpressure from the exhaust. But that's just hearsay. Any help you can give is appreciated thanks.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michael_cano
You know anything about that servo motor? I'm not sure what it does, i've heard that it gives you better low end power by reading the backpressure from the exhaust. But that's just hearsay. Any help you can give is appreciated thanks.
I've heard numerous times that it is mainly an EPA thing for noise restrictions at lower rpm. At 5,000 rpm the servo opens the exhaust flapper valve for full flow.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 PM

I ordered my hotbodies megaphone exhaust last week, i should be getting it tomorrow or tuesday. I'll post up pics and reviews once i install it. I can't wait. also ordered some integrated taillights from motodynamic, i hate the waiting game.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:11 PM

installed the megaphone today and wow, it's pretty rediculous. it's really loud, and it sounds throaty at low rpms.