South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

Anyone commute to work in Phoenix? (story, too)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:20 PM
MZ5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay then! Well, thanks for the tip. _Most_ of my work days are weekdays, so I guess that kinda makes it still just 'business as usual.' However, I have a weekend shift on a regular, rotating schedule, so again, thanks for the tip.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 PM

I use to ride to school and work on a daily basis with my litre bike last year and had a few close calls. I commuted for about 5 months with just a bike, but I ended up getting a good deal on a car that I couldnt refuse so I picked that up and I still have the bike for a weekend toy or just to switch between the two. Ive been done with school since April and still commute a little with the bike and I dont mind it. Its a nice change of pace during the week. The HOV lanes are really nice. Not a lot of idiots are in the lane and you can just ride by the ones who are still trying to wake up and cruise at 55-60 in a 65 in the mornings.

Just be alert and dress proper. You will be fine.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Anyone in Phoenix or the Scottsdale area want to point me into the right direction to get my front tire changed out? I already have the replacement.

Also, I kinda want to do it myself. I want to take the tire off and take it in and save on some money. I am mechanically incline and I know what I am doing. Does anyone local have a jack or something that I can borrow so I can take my tire off and go get it switched out? I want to either borrow a jack or borrow the thing that goes and connects to the back tire and front axle to keep it straight up.

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by MoeTE87
Anyone in Phoenix or the Scottsdale area want to point me into the right direction to get my front tire changed out? I already have the replacement.

Also, I kinda want to do it myself. I want to take the tire off and take it in and save on some money. I am mechanically incline and I know what I am doing. Does anyone local have a jack or something that I can borrow so I can take my tire off and go get it switched out? I want to either borrow a jack or borrow the thing that goes and connects to the back tire and front axle to keep it straight up.

Thanks!
Apache Motorcycles on McDowell and Scottsdale will do it for around $25 I think. I had mine done there after doing the back tire by myself and vowing never to self-change a tire again. Mike is in the Service Department and one hell of a nice guy.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the reply. But didnt they close their doors and move into a new building there by the harley dealership?