F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Installed manual cam chain tensioner. Still have problems and new probs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed manual cam chain tensioner. Still have problems and new probs?

I installed the manual CCT and it cured alot of the noise and vibration but Iv still got some noise. Before it warms up it ticks very quitely. Once it warms up it goes away but once warm if I twist the throttle quickly and I hear a noise. Kind of sounds like something loose vibrating.The noise is coming from under the valve cover. Hard noise to descirbe. Then once Im going down the road around 7000rpm's I can hear a buzzing noise but just breifly. The way I adjusted the cct was back it all of the way out and screw it in untill the noise stoped.I road it like that and it made noise so I adjusted it a little more to see if it fixed the noise. Nothing worked.Im guessing Im gonna need to take off the valve cover and take a look at everything.
Problem #2- Once I get up to around 100+ my front end vibrates. The handle bars wiggle just a little bit. Pretty scary feeling @100+ so I dont go that fast now.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:49 AM
Default RE: Installed manual cam chain tensioner. Still have problems and new probs?

Maybe it is too tight?? it should be snugged up just enough to put tension on the camchain..you front end problem could be air pressure related or you have a "cupped" tire from having to low of air pressure for too long

Old 04-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Installed manual cam chain tensioner. Still have problems and new probs?

Well I took it up to a shop and the guy there told me that everything was normal and the only things he could think of that it was is now that hes put new tires on it and Im getting more traction I should have the suspension setup and I have a bar end missing on the right side. Guess that explains why my right hand constantly goes numb while riding. I had him setup the suspension and man what a difference! It feels like riding a totaly different bike. No more shaking at high speeds, takes off better, the bike will just lay over in the corners now. The bike feels awesome

Old 04-16-2005, 05:57 PM

Hey... I was just wondering How he set up your suspention?
Did He replace all suspention components? or did he just tweek with some of the ajustments? [sm=interesting.gif]