Heavy bar ends

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazz
Thanks for that.
I'm at the moment looking at options to help minimise pressure on my wrists and neck etc.
I had read somewhere that the bars off a 1989 vfr750 would fit the 1996 cbr1000f and ultimately give considerable rise however after sending off an enquirer to a wrecker that was advertising the very vfr in question, his reply this morning actually was in fact that the vfr bars would not fit the cbrf
So that leaves me with still looking at ways to reduce some stress on the hands wrists and neck.
There are not many of our rides here that tend to be less than 4 hours. just to head to what is known as the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast from where we are is about 2.5 and 3 hours respectively one eay and that's without time running around.
I gather these vibranators are pretty easily and quickly installed so either way I might get some to try and if I come up with another set of bars I can the swap them across.
I read quite an in depth article last night on a cbr1000f being actually lowered which then resulted in the same effect as having considerable amount of rise in the bars but after reading and digesting it all, it certainly was a massive endeavour just to get what probably can be easily attained by finding suitable clip ons.
I'm pulling my hair out as well trying to find fairings for my 1995 cbr1000f as fairing parts seem to be very difficult to find. I have emailed the aftermarket manufacturers of fairings that I have been able to find but as their replies come in they all say the same thing and that's just that they don't make fairings for the f's
They are cake to install. Just push them in and tighten the screw down a LOT (according to instructions), after you pull the old ones out.

As far as relieving stress in your wrists and shoulders, I've found that if I maintain at least 85mph, the wind offers a lot more support.

Warner

Old 07-26-2016, 12:24 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the vibranators on my cbr, like Warner said, they don`t stop the vibration completely but my hands don`t get as numb. The best way to help your wrists is to squeeze more with your legs to take the weight off your wrists...works for me

Old 07-26-2016, 12:36 AM
Welcome Crew

I also fitted a pair of Genmar Risers which raise the bars, not as high as using VFR bars but you do not have to worry about brake lines reaching

Old 07-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had seen a set of risers with a different set of bars but I didn't really want to go away from the original aesthetics
Having a wrist that has been broken and only have a residual 20% use of it is probably the part that makes it more uncomfortable so gripping more with the legs doesn't help the physical part that stays no matter what.
I've got a classic bike wrecker that for a price is going to try and sort through a heap of parts and see with trial and error what he can get to fit and not impede fairings and cables.
I'll google those German risers and chase that avenue as well and also give the vibranators a go.
Being in Aus seems to be we pay massive postage costs with one place being $89 postage for $49 part
Thanks for the input guys greatly appreciated

Old 07-26-2016, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jarvid
I also fitted a pair of Genmar Risers which raise the bars, not as high as using VFR bars but you do not have to worry about brake lines reaching
I had genmars, heavy bar ends n comfort grips worked a treat. Not fully cured but no numbness.
I used to race enduro, obviously highly revved singles rattle your teeth. I used to fill the bars with plumbers silicon, it works. On the cbr you could take off the switch gear drill a hole and fill em up, that creates wieght and damping, it's gotta improve it for you.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:33 AM

I've bit the bullet and ordered a pair of grips from the uk, the postage was more than the grips but will see how it goes and I'm going to give the vibranators a go as well.
I guess as we get older all the bits and pieces we have hurt through our lives start to work against us.
I'm also hoping that the wrecker here I have been talking to comes up with some viable solution to the risers and maybe another bike of similar vintage will have the lift that will make a difference.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:49 AM
Welcome Crew

One of the best things about the Genmar risers is that it looks stock

Old 07-26-2016, 05:21 AM

I guess a difficult one but would you have any old pictures of what they looked like when fitted

Old 07-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Welcome Crew

Here is a new pic

Attached Thumbnails Heavy bar ends-img_20160727_163320.jpg  
Old 07-27-2016, 03:55 AM

Thanks for that