Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 954RR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Default 954 wont start

I broke my bike down for new paint. Then while I was painting the bike I fiured I would polish the frame. Well I was painting everyone elses stuff so I put the tank back on it and figured I would start it. it started right up. It slowed down around the shop a lil so time to paint my baby. hooked it up to jump box and wont start. fuel pump not coming on. I had some extra relays so I changed them still nothing. I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and was going to change it then I figured I would test the old on. whirrrrrrrrr. It worked so now wat? I tried to make sure all the connectors were hooked up so they were. I have the honda 954rr service manual but it tells me it could be seven or eight things. comuter, tip over sensor and some other stuff. can someone give a lil more insight on the situation. tahnx in advance
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:32 AM

Angry wont start

good thing I dont need my bike to run! bank angle sensor is good. dont know wat else to do.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:09 PM

All the lights are coming on? Cranks and no start? Kickstand switch? What relays were you talking about that you changed? In neutral, or clutch pulled in? On/off switch working? On?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:58 AM

All lights are on. turns over but will not start. no fuel and no spark.There are 4 relays under the seat. the bike was in neutral like it is everyday the on off switch is on. checked it out today and its good.I used my ohm meter and checked every plug on the bike checked every ground. thinkin now it is the ecm. So aggravated Imma take it to the dealer to tell me I believe.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:17 AM

Default fuel feed line?

hi, check to make sure ur fuel feed line does not bend when u put the tank back on it happend with me, so i would check that too.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 AM

Default wont start

fuel pump is gd. the lines are not kinked. the problem is not the fuel pump, my ignition components and everything related wont come on. dont know what it is. I am going to my shop today to check the ignition switch and the kickstand switch.

Last edited by wheel pulla; 05-24-2009 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: missed some key words
Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 AM

Is the FI light blinking codes at you? It should blink codes if it is not sparking for some reason. Check the fuses. If it is priming then in could be the kickstand switch. Did you unhook the cam position sensor or the sensor in the air box?? I would look for something not connected at all if you tore it down too much. Remeber the only plug that should be left unhooked is the ecu reset

04 CRF450 Supermoto
You know you want one

92 Suzuki GS500
Beat up and ugly

76 CB550 Cafe bike
Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Banned

got to be something with the fuel. I would suggest checking the fuel lines to see if they could have gotten pinched when piecing back together. Also check fuel pump
Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 PM

Tags
1000rr, 929, 954, 954rr, cbr, ecm, fuel, fuse, honda, line, low, oil, pinched, start, starting, wont