CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Questions about a 95 Honda CBR

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a 95 Honda CBR

I recently bought a used 95 Honda CBR 600 F3.

My handlebars hit the fairing. It is really weird. The break fluid reservoir hits and so does the clutch.

I was looking at pictures online of the same bike and for some reason the upper fairing is really straight

http://motoprofi.com/imgs/a/a/b/i/x/...1995_3_lgw.jpg

as in the picture above.

Mine is the same bike, same color, but the fairing is so much lower. It doesn't look warped or anything. Is there some kind of OEM low clearance fairing or something? The part right under where the mirror bolts to the bike (pretty much the length of the yellow sticker) is slanted, really slanted!

Could this be due to sun damage? I would think if it was because the bike had gone down (which it has) the fairing would crack, not bend.

Here is a link to my thread in another forum. It has pictures I posted of my bike since I do not have enough posts to put them here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Questions about a 95 Honda CBR - Motorcycle Forum

Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They only thing I can think of is that unless the fairing stay has been bent, the forks have either been raised (or lowered in the the triple clamps). With bars straight ahead, there is a good couple of inches clearance, down to about 1/2 inch on full lock. If the fairing was heat/sun damaged, it would be popping out all over the place.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pacemaker
They only thing I can think of is that unless the fairing stay has been bent, the forks have either been raised (or lowered in the the triple clamps). With bars straight ahead, there is a good couple of inches clearance, down to about 1/2 inch on full lock. If the fairing was heat/sun damaged, it would be popping out all over the place.
handle bars are super adjustable, and Id simply adjust those to get the clearance before I messed with anything else.
most fairings are all the same, but it could indeed be your forks

Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I actually tried to adjust the handle bars. There are clamps but the bars don't turn. There is another clamp in the way which is attached to the fork (or tree) sorry I'm very new to bikes and don't really know whats what. But I loosened the clamps and the bars wouldn't budge.

The part where the mirror connects to the fairing (the metal) was actually bent, me and my father banged it out and now the handlebars clear the fairing. I would still like to know how to adjust the handlebars though.

Ok, so the first pic is of the screw I loosened to try and adjust the bars. The second pic is of another screw which goes to a clamp that stops the bar from adjusting. In the third pic where my finger is pointing that is the clamp that wraps around the tree which belongs to the screw in the second pic. The last pic is of my whole dash. Any pointers, am I doing something wrong. Sorry guys I am very new at this and appreciate all the help I can get.

One last thing, I am having a very very hard time finding parts for my bike. It seems like every site I go to has every bike but my year. I can barley find any parts for my 95. Do you guys know of any sources. I am interested in fairings, decals and such. I looked into the hong kong made ones, but haven't heard good things.

Attached Thumbnails Questions about a 95 Honda CBR-img_2696.jpg   Questions about a 95 Honda CBR-img_2697.jpg   Questions about a 95 Honda CBR-img_2700.jpg   Questions about a 95 Honda CBR-img_2698.jpg  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by esp0791
Thanks for the help guys. I actually tried to adjust the handle bars. There are clamps but the bars don't turn. There is another clamp in the way which is attached to the fork (or tree) sorry I'm very new to bikes and don't really know whats what. But I loosened the clamps and the bars wouldn't budge.

The part where the mirror connects to the fairing (the metal) was actually bent, me and my father banged it out and now the handlebars clear the fairing. I would still like to know how to adjust the handlebars though.

Ok, so the first pic is of the screw I loosened to try and adjust the bars. The second pic is of another screw which goes to a clamp that stops the bar from adjusting. In the third pic where my finger is pointing that is the clamp that wraps around the tree which belongs to the screw in the second pic. The last pic is of my whole dash. Any pointers, am I doing something wrong. Sorry guys I am very new at this and appreciate all the help I can get.

One last thing, I am having a very very hard time finding parts for my bike. It seems like every site I go to has every bike but my year. I can barley find any parts for my 95. Do you guys know of any sources. I am interested in fairings, decals and such. I looked into the hong kong made ones, but haven't heard good things.
EBAY is your friend

Old 06-23-2011, 06:12 AM

bump

Old 06-23-2011, 07:54 AM

ebay and ronayers.com are the ones i use the most...

Old 10-24-2011, 08:34 PM

So im curious are the handel bars adjustabe and if so how do you do it?

Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 AM

the OEM clipons are not on most bikes. they have a little pin that sort of fits into the notch in the triples, to hold them in place. my hurricane is like that, as is my interceptor.