CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Helmet cam/bike cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet cam/bike cam

Guys,
I don't know how many of you have these or if anyone is looking to get one but I have ordered one on Fleabay last week. It's only a cheap one. One of the guys that came to the GP in our group had one the same and demonstrated it for me. He then played the footage back to me on his laptop. For $35 posted to my door I thought I'd give it a go anyway. The footage quality was excellent and for 35 bux its worth a shot. I am looking to mount it somewhere on the bike though as having it on the helmet would require your head to be very still and if you look around as much as I do when riding the footage would be pretty ordinary. I'm looking at the flat section up underneath the headlight on both bikes. If I can work out a mounting I'm also gonna try it on the side of the front forks and see how it goes. It should be here this week. Obviously the more stable the mounting the better the end result. Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_8116wt_1102

Old 10-23-2010, 04:56 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one seems pretty good as well Bordo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mrwerNm-4

Old 10-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

Thanks Hawk. Geez the applications are endless with that one arent they. I'd certainly looked at one of those if the one I'm getting doesnt work out. Like he says you get what you pay for. Being so small and compact the mounting areas for the MUVI camera would be more than those for the one I'm getting. Anyway thnaks for the heads up mate. I'm gonna go and price one now. Cheers.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a cheap Chinese one - footage, OK, but sound poor. Mounted on the helmet is better, you get less vibration, and the head-turning isn't a problem. Best option is a separate camera in your pocket with a small helmet mounted camera. Best of all is something that has a separate microphone you can shield from the wind...........
the video only shows it at 30MPH - way too slow.
May be OK if you have it mounted behind a clear scteen.........

Here's a bunch of stuff for the Muvi
http://desc.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_...LH_TitleDesc=1

Old 10-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Banned

Yeah Classic can only give it a go mate. I think I will try the helmet way first. I was out and about today for a run up in the Snowy Mountains and you don't really move your head around that much especially when your having a go and concentrating in the twisties. I think it will be fine. If it doesnt work out I think I will get one of the MUVI ones seeing as they are only 60 odd dollars on Fleabay atm. They can virtually clip on anywhere like the guy showed in the Youtube clip and if I get the sports pack as well there are numerous mounts as well as a handlebar mounting system you can get for em to. I'll see how the el cheapo goes and work it out from there. Cheers.