Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Will it ever happen again?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Will it ever happen again?

Hi all, I signed up in 2009 and have a whopping total of 7 (now 8) posts on the forum!

I signed up because I was going to get into the CBR600 a friend was going to sell me. However, being in Norway the insurance prices are just too expensive. And it's not just the insurance, it's all the taxes for the lack of a better term. At the time I also had a car, so paying for the two was out of the question. So from 2009 until 2024 I still have NO bike. And now I'm starting to question if I ever will again. I've been back to the states since 2009, and will eventually be moving back (been saying that for eight years now...) and was thinking of getting one then.

However, since my initial sign up I've had brain surgery and received a stroke during the operation. Thankfully very, very mild. It's just left me with seizures (that are now under control) and will more than likely go away on their own. But besides that I function normally so I'm very fortunate in that regard.

Everything just feels so heavy, I've even let my license expire because I've just given up hope on everything honestly. The deal with my friend fell through as the bike started exhibiting weird issues and was told the entire electrical net would have to be replaced as well as one cylinder started to misfire and at that time I just had too much on my plate in regards to family life and work so I just put off the bike idea and one thing lead to another and it's now 2024 and I'm still bikeless.

Just wanted to gripe! Sorry all.

Old 03-24-2024, 03:57 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, gotta be honest I feel for you I really do, it sounds like you've been through the mill first a brain op then the stroke and then seizures, wow, that's a tough one to have to go through never mind 'deal with. This will obviously have impacted your way of life, every day actions thought processes and no doubt your mood, man, it's a hard thing to have to go through I can only hope you have had good people friends and family around you to help and I truly hope things are beginning to calm down for you and you are getting back to the person you used to be but right now, buying and riding a motorcycle, is probably something that should be left for a while until you absolutely know and are sure that your health is back to normal, that your reactions your natural abilities your train of thought are all back and functioning properly.

I know you want a bike 'so much, I can hear it in the way you write but taking into account all you have been through my friend I think your goal right now as you will already know is getting yourself well getting yourself right feeling the old you come back again. You will know when you are ready, there is time buddy you have the determination and the goal in front of you so use the days weeks and months ahead to look into what you want which model what size the setup the riding style from crotch rocket to cruiser to tourer visualise what you want and work toward getting it. I know I speak for us all when I say, be ready for this, be absolutely clear in your own mind that you 'are, ready for this, there is no feeling like having the sun on your face getting out there feeling the wind blow away the cobwebs enjoying the day loving every minute of riding your bike. Everyone who rides knows the feeling, the feeling of sometimes being unable to ride for whichever reason and more than a few of us have had or still have health issues (getting old sucks) but we also know the feeling of getting back out there, we all want that for you buddy just take your time getting there and once there, ride safe ok

Last edited by Cuda; 03-25-2024 at 08:12 PM.