CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

'91 F2 Project.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 04:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda
Wow, really liking your progress the bike is coming on leaps and bounds my friend and that Red Bull kit looks the business she'll look awesome with all that fitted. I tend to stay away from Chinese stuff as I've mentioned before on another post but I suppose as to fitting it'll just be the same as "Pattern parts you always have to make slight adjustments here and there to get anything made by them to fit properly. You've done a great job of bringing her back up to scratch so far with a little more time spent she'll look the doggies wotsits the black looked good but I can't wait to see her in her new livery she'll turn heads wherever she goes and that's a fact.
Thanks, much appreciated. I can't wait to get the Red Bull kit, hoping the pieces come in with nothing broken. I just got my powdercoated pieces back and some red aluminum sprocket nuts to match. Gotta degrease and really clean the bike under the fairings and she will be ready to ride. I'll post photos once I get the kit assembled and put on.

The following users liked this post:
Cuda (03-16-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 08:58 PM

Learned something new, some of you might have already know this. The turn lock clips on the side tail fairing panels comes apart. I was looking to see if someone sold replacement ones since I'm getting new bodywork, I got to looking at the clip and noticed a dowel pin that runs through it, got a rubber mallet and small punch, came right out and seen how the clip was assembled.

The following 2 users liked this post by ohiophotog:
chobes (05-06-2024), Cuda (03-21-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 05:34 AM

Powdercoated pieces came back: peg mounts, lever slides and adjusters, and bar ends. Should go well with the Red Bull fairings once they get here. CBR Wheel decals and red sprocket nuts came from MC Motoparts, red to match. Finding new things out about the Koso RX4 meter, your music info is displayed on it along with incoming text/calls.

Old 05-06-2024, 08:20 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Bike is looking great, nice work! A '91 F2 is my next project, let me know if you want to sell the OEM fairings.

ohiophotog (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 10:18 PM

Thanks, much appreciated. I just might part with the OEM fairings, I will let you know.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:36 PM

Fairings came in today, pretty large box, 30 days from order. Postal service left a note due to a signature needed. Fortunately I caught up to him not to far from my home within 20 minutes of him trying to deliver it. He was happy as he didn't have to take it back to the station. Had one issue, 1 panel had a piece that cracked off it, front right upper fairing near the headlight. Emailed the company to see if they can send me a new one. In the meantime I used some epoxy and fiberglass tape to repair it. Fairing quality is a 6/10, paint is nice with clear over the decals, some of them the edges stick up where they fold over a open section. Some of the posts are misaligned and some mounting tabs are missing, like the ones that snug the turn signals in place. Gotta improvise a bit. The quick turn mounts for the maintenance covers are riveted into the OEM panels, no getting them out and they don't come with the aftermarket fairings that I got. Found a assortment of speed clips on Amazon to work instead. Heat shield and a gift of led strip lights are also included. Now to put it all together...........

Last edited by ohiophotog; 05-11-2024 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:06 PM

Got the fairings all installed, not bad. The chinese fairings have their usual issues, poor alignment, fragile posts, and thin plastic. Bad issues aside, they are not bad, up close you will notice things, far away not so much. Had to breakout the drill bits and open up all of the mounting points quite a bit, some were off almost 1/2 inch. Front turn signals are pain as the L clip that locks them in on the OEM panels are not on the aftermarket ones, had to use some epoxy, metal L bracket, speed clip, and washers. Speaking of speed clips, found a fairing kit off Amazon that literally saved a lot of work:

Amazon Amazon

The maintenance covers mounts for the quick turn screws are riveted in on the OEM panels, not included on the aftermarket fairings. Speed clips came in handy as a replacement. Used the supplied heat shield mat on the lower and inside pieces, let the bike run to 212 degress, no warping or melting. Side rear panels have a hole provision for a grab handle, gotta cover that up. Overall, happy with the look, not so much the fit. Curious if the UK spec F2's have different frames than US spec, or if the chinese fairing molds are off that much when they make these. Photos.........

chobes (05-14-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 316 Likes on 260 Posts

I’d say that looks pretty nice. Great work and thanks for the detailed pics.

ohiophotog (05-13-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 08:55 AM
Welcome crew
Received 324 Likes on 301 Posts

Looking good, well done with the fit and finish

ohiophotog (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
I’d say that looks pretty nice. Great work and thanks for the detailed pics.
Originally Posted by Al1040
Looking good, well done with the fit and finish
Thanks, I appreciate it. Maybe this might help someone down the road who is thinking about refreshing their F2. Neighbor thinks I bought a brand new bike lol. At some point I am going to take all the panels off and spray a few coats of clear over them. I think they maybe did 1 or 2 when they made them, some of the decals lift.

Quick Reply: '91 F2 Project.........