TRG Coating TRG Coating is a small shop specializing in custom powder coating, batch powder coating, thermal barrier coating, and much much more. Our areas of work include automotive, motorcycle, ATV, marine, medical, and even lawn furniture. Basically, if it's metal, we will coat it for you with the proper formulation and the correct process.

Anyone interested in wheel exchanges?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006 | 10:29 PM
Default Anyone interested in wheel exchanges?

If i were to buy a few sets of wheels and offer wheel exchanges with a core charge, would any one be interested? I'm willing to lay out some money and buy a few sets of wheels (of course id only buy perfect, straight, none rashed rims) if it helps you guys out and prevents you from having down time. Pay the coating charge and a core charge, i send you a coated set, you bring them and swap them out and send me your old ones back and get the core charge back. Anyone interested?

Old 08-06-2006 | 12:40 AM
Default RE: Anyone interested in wheel exchanges?

What kind og prices are you talking about

Old 08-06-2006 | 12:42 AM

Price is $90 per wheel to coat. Depends on what price i can get a good set of rims for to determine the core charge.

Old 08-14-2006 | 11:31 PM

what colors do you have for a 06 1000rr ready for exchange? my bike is blue and yellow so blue or yellow would be my preference.

Old 08-14-2006 | 11:49 PM

i have nothing as of now, im still contemplating the idea of doing something like this....just trying to gauge interest. i dont want to guy out and buy spare sets of rims if people arent interested. all work is done custom, i wouldnt stock precoated wheels.

Old 08-15-2006 | 01:28 AM

dont blame you for that. What type of payment arrangements can we make. Do I just send my rims along with payment or do I need to send payment before hand? turnaround time on 06 1000rr rims?

Old 08-15-2006 | 01:30 AM

You want to send in your rims for coating? If so you can send payment with them, or if you use paypal you can pay before theyre ready to ship.

Old 08-30-2006 | 10:58 PM

Yeah i would definelty be interested in the wheel exchange, planning on getting body work and powdercoating done sometime this winter, but I wont do it unless you got some sort of written agreement saying that we can send the rims back to you if they come to us warped or thrashed up. Because we would be giving up our rims for someone elses.

I got a question too, what does the shipping run on sending them rims as well, so i know what to account for? Thanks, oh yeah great prices!!!!

Old 08-30-2006 | 11:00 PM

Dont worry, i would without a doubt make sure any cores i send out are mint and un damaged or bent. As far as shipping, really deepnds on where youre shipping from. Sport bike wheels are pretty light so its not all too exspensive.

Old 09-01-2006 | 10:58 AM

I would be interested in something like this. I have a 954 and was thinking about going RED with the wheels...do you have any pics of some red wheels?

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in wheel exchanges?