Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Will full coverage pay if you wreck at a trackday?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Will full coverage pay if you wreck at a trackday?

I pay <$600/yr for insurance. I mostly ride on the street. I have full coverage that in the hopes that my bike is never stolen. But in case it is, I'm covered. I've found that most crashes (and I've crasheda coupletimes) can be fixed by the DIY'er for less than the deductible. But to each his own.

And trust me- Street crashes Will always be worse than track crashes.

I seem to recall some data from THE HURT REPORT that talked about head trauma from a motorcycle crash, and they found NO correlation between speed and brain injury. So I submit that machine damage is loosely similar.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BROOKLYN

i dont think it should be covered...my insurance is high enough ifyour on a track pushing your bike to its limits and taking on extra risks,that should be on you.
this is a terrible way of thinking..... the amount of riders out there that crash on the street are why your rates are so high. or you can blame the local thieves or yourpasthistory. i think we all can agree that one track day will improve any riders abilities tremendously, which in turn will have less riders crashing on the street!!! so for the handful of guys who claim a track day wreck, i think you should make an exception.... if you want to preach about riders handling there own crash expenses to save you money, go to your local bike night.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: fireboi660

ORIGINAL: BROOKLYN

i dont think it should be covered...my insurance is high enough ifyour on a track pushing your bike to its limits and taking on extra risks,that should be on you.
this is a terrible way of thinking..... the amount of riders out there that crash on the street are why your rates are so high. or you can blame the local thieves or yourpasthistory. i think we all can agree that one track day will improve any riders abilities tremendously, which in turn will have less riders crashing on the street!!! so for the handful of guys who claim a track day wreck, i think you should make an exception.... if you want to preach about riders handling there own crash expenses to save you money, go to your local bike night.
I agree that going to the track will make you a better rider.Most people I know that do so are usually fast as helland almost all of them been down.Why because they are constantly pushing....be rossi for a day on a beater not a 08

Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how many of you that have an "opinion" have actual track experience?