Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracks?

Whats up all. I am new to the sportbike bike scene and would love to ride a track one day soon. I live in Tenn. and was wondering where the nearest track or tracks are that I might be able to ride on. I like to try and push myself but on the street isn't the best place for that.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Default RE: Tracks?

To find the tracks close to you check out this site: http://www.roadracingworld.com/resources/
For track days & schools look here: http://www.roadracingworld.com/guide...decode=schools

Be warned, it's worse than a drug addiction...

Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 PM

most of the trackdays are wrapping up for the season, most of the good ones are already booked (Barber in Birmingham is where you wanna go but its last few dates have been sold out for a month or more)
check out TrackdayCentral, its got a list of every track in the US by state and i believe it also lists when the upcoming trackdays are
also every issue of roadracing world lists all upcoming trackdays and races

the only track that I can think of that will run through winter is JenningsGP in north Florida
there is a track in Nashville but i believe they only do WERA races

Old 11-04-2006, 11:00 AM

You can get to Barber in just few hours from where you are. It is a premier track but will probably be a little intimidating at first for someone who has never been on a track. And the museum is well worth a visit. I was there 9/30 with NESBA and I'm planning to go back March 4th and 5th. I also run at Jennings which may be better for a beginner as it has little elevation change and no blind corners. However, Jennings will add several more hours to your trip if you go there.

If you do go to Barber, I recommend studying the track layout beforehand. Turn 4 is blind with the apex of the corner and the apex of the hill at the same point. Turns 7 and 8 aren't too bad once you realize that you can cut across the cement at 7A. Turns 12 and 13 were also a little intimidating for me at first for the same reasons as those at 4.

Good Luck...and be ready to feed the habit!