Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Requirements?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requirements?

ive never ridden a road course before but very interested in runing one.what is required as far as bike mods leathers licenses etc.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Default RE: Requirements?

Typical rider prep

Typical bike prep

This is from a local place. It really depends on who you're using for a school.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM

i live in north east florida so probly jening or west palms course.i guess il check their sites

Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Jennings is your best bet, I don't know what west palms track your refering to but I'd imagine they don't do motorcycle trackdays there (I've never heard of it)
In Florida you have Jennings, Daytona, Moroso (South of Daytona I believe) and Homestead in Miami (just a speedway with an infield course) that have motorcycle events.
North of there is Roebling in Savannah, GA. Jennings GP is your best bet (click). They host their own trackdays and its a motorcycle only track (cars destroy the surface of race tracks so the surface is still great). They have a LOT of dates throughout the year and their tech requirements aren't too difficult. Its a really fun and challenging track, I love going there. Only problem is the pit area is a bit backwoods. Try to get there early and get a spot on the paved paddock road (riding on a dirt road before going onto the track can cause some issues lol)

Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 AM

damn i guess i gotta buy a $full leather suit$ i cant believe no license required not even a regular motorcycle license.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:27 AM

there are a lot of track riders that dont ride on the street plus the kids that are starting racing before they're old enough to drive a car
Jennings has rental leathers, you could try that the first time but you will need to invest in good gear if your going to do more

Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM

thanx man ill look into it.ill post some pics when i get this going.man i cant wait first track day......

Old 01-03-2008, 12:23 PM

damn jennings has some good deals on prices for trackdays....999.00 for 10 td's....thats awesome....wish all tracks did something like that for motorcyles since we don't tear up a track the way cars do.....money hungry bastids

Old 01-03-2008, 08:14 PM

from my experience in the southeast though cost of trackdays is relative to how nice the facility is, Barber and Road Atlanta are expensive but are the nicest tracks, Talladega and Jennings are dirt cheap but the paddocks are mostly grass/dirt, then Roebling and CMP are somewhere in between. The track itself at Jennings is badass though and is definitely a great value

Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 PM

Then you have VIR, which has a great track, but the facilities are kind of country-clubbish moreso than state of the art... although they're nice. (the karting is great fun)

(although I've only been to VIR and Barber, both times for spectator events)

Quick Reply: Requirements?