Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

I done went and crashed again

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I done went and crashed again

okay so when is the worst time to crash in racing? How about last round of a championship that your 2nd in points in. Maybe on the last lap of that race? Same happens to be the first race of the day? yep, I did it...

It had to be around 110 degrees that day, the track was getting greasy as hell. I'm cruisinga around because it doesn't really matter where I finish only that I DO FINISH. Went into T9 (JenningsGP btw) slower than I had been since I was running in 3rd, 2nd was a ways ahead of me and 4th was a few seconds behind. Suddenly I see the ground coming towards me a lot faster than it should and I hit the ground pretty hard. Bike was beat up pretty good as was my left foot. The worst part is this was this past weekend and I've got to be at Talladega this weekend for a WERA National which means ordering some parts next day air, and borrowing a windscreen and a couple odds and ends from a friend that has an SV street bike.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: I done went and crashed again

that sucks woody.....so where are you now in standings after the crash....you still vaguely in the hunt or are you done?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM

wound up 3rd so it wasn't a total loss but 1st or 2nd would have been a hell of a lot better

Old 08-15-2007, 01:50 PM

T8 and 9 and my least favorite they are so scarred up from fallen bikes... but I love it when I get a good line through 9 and just pin it for 10/11/12.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM

ok so what happened? I am not familiar with Jennings, did you wash out the front, or did the back step out?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:25 PM

I think the front end washed out, honestly I didn't feel it coming AT ALL. I was going slower but all of a sudden I'm sliding across the ground. It was kinda crazy

Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM

that sucks woody=/

Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the bike is fixable so that's all good!
(i know you're fine).

Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 PM

oh im just seeing this now but i crashed at jennings going into 1 on the 17th of aug. . my bike is only now getting into paint stages. alas i don't race so im not really in a bike hurry to fix it but i kinda want it done to watch the wera races this weekend there

Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woody,
I don't nearly have your experience, but this thought occurred to me as I've heard it said many times and have expereinced it myself. Sometimes it's not about speed, but its about rhythm. If you usually take that corner faster, perhaps you were going slow enough that it threw off your timing. Also at slow speeds, your attention can wander just a bit too.

I was commenting to someone about my highway driving in that I sometimes don't feel comfortable at slower speeds. My attention wanders and I feel vulnerable to some idiot driver.

Quick Reply: I done went and crashed again