Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Homestead

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely, I'm still following the speed signs. It's an amazing feeling though. If this is anything at all like the track, then that's definitely my scene. I'm surprised at how well I'm able to stay focused on my line and not target-fixate when traffic appears. So what do you think is your next bike? Almost losing it sounds scary. It took me nearly two years until my heart finally settled on the 600RR. I'm pretty sure someone in my neighborhood has the same bike as you. I never see him riding it though.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by 92seca2
Absolutely, I'm still following the speed signs. It's an amazing feeling though. If this is anything at all like the track, then that's definitely my scene. I'm surprised at how well I'm able to stay focused on my line and not target-fixate when traffic appears. So what do you think is your next bike? Almost losing it sounds scary. It took me nearly two years until my heart finally settled on the 600RR. I'm pretty sure someone in my neighborhood has the same bike as you. I never see him riding it though.
How are you following speed signs and getting a knee down? When you first posted that, I thought you were at a track! lol

Going for a 600RR myself. Going to try to find an older model that is already set up for the track so that I don't have to put much money into it.

Wrecking isn't so scary on the track. I think 10 out of 30 people wrecked on Friday, everyone walked away with no more than a few bruises.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Default oh!

No, what I meant was my knee naturally came out AS IF to drag in a turn. Before that, my posture was crooked so it always dug into the tank instead (the one favoring the turn). So I fixed my posture and now I'm positioned correctly so that when I actually make it to the track, it'll just take a bit more lean and speed to get it DOWN. Just one little victory. I've heard that pushing the opposite knee into the tank helps lean the bike though. Any thoughts?

Getting an RR that's already set up for the track sounds nice. Not new, so you won't worry about dropping it, plus it's ready to go. Let me know what you find. I'm considering switching out the fairings for the track so I'm not so nervous about scratching it. I'd definitely cry like a baby if I dropped mine on the new fairings. I'm still nervous about cutting it to install frame sliders.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 92seca2
No, what I meant was my knee naturally came out AS IF to drag in a turn. Before that, my posture was crooked so it always dug into the tank instead (the one favoring the turn). So I fixed my posture and now I'm positioned correctly so that when I actually make it to the track, it'll just take a bit more lean and speed to get it DOWN. Just one little victory. I've heard that pushing the opposite knee into the tank helps lean the bike though. Any thoughts?

Getting an RR that's already set up for the track sounds nice. Not new, so you won't worry about dropping it, plus it's ready to go. Let me know what you find. I'm considering switching out the fairings for the track so I'm not so nervous about scratching it. I'd definitely cry like a baby if I dropped mine on the new fairings. I'm still nervous about cutting it to install frame sliders.
OK I thought you were telling me you were actually getting it down. I can't even get my knee down on the street, I am too chicken. With my luck a car will be stopped at the other end of a blind turn that I am taking at 80mph lol. Then again, it is easy to get a knee down with bad posture because you are forcing the bike to lean over more at slower speeds.

Yes, you want all of your weight on the outside peg and side of the tank. As much on the peg as possible to lower your center of gravity. Thats why it is so hard on your legs, every bend you go into you are hanging off the bike in a weird position while the leg stretched over the seat supports all your weight. The more "in place" your center of gravity is with the bikes, the more available lean angle you can get. You don't even need to put a knee out, it is just for an idea of how far you are. Body position is way more important. Face should be where the mirrors are, look at the exit of the turn, not in front of you, body low, butt at a 45 degree angle to the seat and weight all on the outside peg.

yeah, I don't ride on the street enough anymore to waste money on a street bike. I want a cheap used and beat up RR that I can beat up some more at the track lol. Cutting plastics isn't bad, but if you have the money I recommend track plastics. They are WAY cheaper to replace if you lay the bike down than OEM.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
tms

Check out Team Hammer. They come to Daytona once a year, in October that is. You have plenty of time to get ready.