Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Hallett raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007 | 09:22 PM
|
Default Hallett raceway

Hey guys,

Sunday was my first day at the track and man, what a day! I took a class called HART (Hallett Advanced Rider Training) and got to run out on the track with the novice guys. I've been on the bike a while but never got it to the track. The class took quite a bit of time and i learned a few things.

I wasn't able to really tweak the suspension like i wanted too but i still learned a ton sunday. I take my car out there all the time so i knew the track but theres so much more to play with on a bike! The first couple of sessions I was draggin my footpegs and boots but i was able to correct that.

Iwas ableconstantly plant my left knee down on the track but when it comes to my right hand, I'm not doin so sharp. ( I know getting ur knee down isnt everything, just an example) Left turns i seem to just fall into the perfect form but rights... its almost akward, i'm notanywhere near as fast or smooth. Anybody else have or had these issues? I know practice makes perfect. I'd show pics but my photographer had down syndrom or somethin, they all suck. LMK what u guys think.

Old 07-18-2007 | 04:14 AM
Default RE: Hallett raceway

I have problems with left turns...I think people have their favorite turns and mine is right...
just practice and practice...

Old 07-18-2007 | 08:02 AM

I'm hoping to get out to Hallett in the next month or so for one of those track days. I've never had the chance to get the bike on the track - I'll make a fool out of myself but it should be fun anyway. I'm in Little Rock - where are you?

J.T.

Old 07-20-2007 | 06:56 PM
|

ORIGINAL: JT@bikerperformance

I'm hoping to get out to Hallett in the next month or so for one of those track days. I've never had the chance to get the bike on the track - I'll make a fool out of myself but it should be fun anyway. I'm in Little Rock - where are you?

J.T.
Hey man, the novice class is the way to go, thats what i was in. you can go 55 mph all day and be fine, or go fast if ya want. I highly recommend it. The class was informative and its a great place to ride. The next "practice" day is Aug 11th. I'll be there for that. If your serious about goin we might be able to meet up. I'm just south of tulsa so its only about 40 min for me. LMK if ur gonna go. And i'll be practicing more on those right handers! Thanks guys

Old 12-28-2007 | 10:42 PM

Well obviously I didn't make it - hell I'm just seeing this reply! How'd it go?

I'm looking to do some track days this spring - hopefully it'll help me out some.

I'll PM you when the time gets near.

J.T.

Old 12-29-2007 | 06:31 PM

Hallett is bumpy as hell but fun. Looking forward to Barber, and Miller next year.

Old 01-13-2008 | 11:14 PM
|

man, it was awesome. I learned more in one track day than years of riding. It's kind of an old post but after that day I hit every track day till the end of the season. And I'm going to hit the track days hard this year too. I don't want to miss a single one