Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Chuckwalla Raceway in CA, big thumbs up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Chuckwalla Raceway in CA, big thumbs up!

Just did my first trackday at chuckwalla in southern CA. Up to this point I've only done Firebird in phoenix and Indy in willcox AZ. I gotta say, this track is great! Much higher speed track then any in AZ [I've driven a ferrari around arizona motorsports park in phoenix in addition to riding firebird and indy] And then theres the banked corner..... holy crap. This thing warps your sence of time and space the first few times you go threw it. You can exit the thing at over 100mph and the g forces are intense. I have read about this track numerous times in the motorcycle mags and it did not disappoint. If anyone gets a chance to ride it, GO!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Say you got some.... Vids would be even cooler.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Yeah Im a bit upset about them actually. My gopro messed up several times so I only got 2 videos: one sideways in the morning from the left fairing and on the last session from behind me so I can see my body position. Nobody wants a video of my *** lol And the pics taken were really disappointing so I didn't buy any of them. I'll upload the sideways video or try to figure out how to rotate it.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what file format you are working with but when people send me sideways video from a camera I use 'windows movie maker' to rotate them. Easy to import and rotate then save.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was CaliPhotography there that wknd? They should have some stills of at least a couple of sessions.

BTW, yep, Chuckwalla is good stuff. :-) Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM

They were. He took 1 shot of me for every 4-6 shots of everyone else. Not sure why he didn't like me but theres very few pics of me from 4 sessions he shot. If he took as many of me as everyone else I would have bought the whole set as his prices were great. Heres a couple pics:
Name:  1-2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  112.9 KB
Name:  2-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  110.6 KB

Last edited by boredandstroked; 11-30-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM

And the vid. It was my first session so I was learning the track and not pushing it yet. I wish my gopro worked better because the sessions later in the day were much much improved. Next time.... Anyways:
My Movie - YouTube

Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
They were. He took 1 shot of me for every 4-6 shots of everyone else. Not sure why he didn't like me but theres very few pics of me from 4 sessions he shot. If he took as many of me as everyone else I would have bought the whole set as his prices were great...
Its happened that way for my pics at times as well. We had a really HOT day at Willow where he only took pics a couple sessions out of 7. He's a good photog tho & I've bought other pics from him. Sorry you didn't get more.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you're lucky to be doing track days in late November. My bike is already in the garage for the winter with parts removed for the usual winter overhaul.

That track looks like a nice one and I like the camera position, fun watching the suspension working hard.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
Man, you're lucky to be doing track days in late November. My bike is already in the garage for the winter with parts removed for the usual winter overhaul.

That track looks like a nice one and I like the camera position, fun watching the suspension working hard.
I guess I shouldn't mention it was in the 80's with no wind that day then huh? lol.
Yeah I like that camera position for that reason as well. This vid is before I even starting using the brakes so I can imagine under full brake load Im compressing the front all the way. I might look into stiffer springs or just try some more compression damping for now.

Quick Reply: Chuckwalla Raceway in CA, big thumbs up!