Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

got my riding suit and its tight

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 PM
stx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my riding suit and its tight

Just got my suit today, the agv sp4, mann its tight, are they supposed to be like this out of the box? Do these things give some when they break in. I sat on my bike and it feels ok when I get on the bike, I can move but it's a little constricting, tight in the croutch to. I emailed agv my measurements and they recomended my size, said a 42 would be too loose, and they also said 40 would be snug. any thoughts you guys I'm not sure weather I should send it back and try a 42?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: got my riding suit and its tight

lounge around the house in it tonight or go for a ride. It will stretch out some and will be the most comfy while you are on the bike (its made that way). Its pose to be snug w/o being restricting.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 PM

if you can get it zipped, and almost stand with your back straight-it fits. it will break in and loosen up. it is supposed to very tight so that the protective gear doesnt move around when your sliding down the street on your face. when I first got mine I had to have someone help me put it on and take it offthe first couple of times, now if fits like glove so to speak.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:25 PM

As Krash stated... tight is REALLY good!
This is going to sound stupid or funny, but... It works!
Put the suit on and take a shower it (wear you swim suit please)! Then wear it around for a couple hours while it's drying. This will allow the leather to strech and shrink basicially forming the suit to your body. Do NOT try and artificially dry itwith a hair dryer or heat, just let it air dry.

If you think about it , when you're wearing it on track as sweating your doing the same thing, it just takes much longer to do.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:54 PM

i dont know how comfortable wearing it for hours soaking wet would be, but I broke mine in down at the gap last summer. 2 days in 90+ degree heat, for about 14-16hrs each day, the suit was soaked from my sweat, but it fit perfect after that

Old 01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SP4 is a good suit. I've crash tested it. Congrats.

I did have a few issues with stiching in a few places, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Be careful when removing the suit. Pull the zipper ALL THE WAY DOWN before trying to get out of it. And don't jerk the zipper down, rather pull down in one fluid motion. I ripped the seam inthe crotch in frustration from not being able to get out, until I discovered that the zipper wasn't to the bottom.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

i dont know how comfortable wearing it for hours soaking wet would be, but I broke mine in down at the gap last summer. 2 days in 90+ degree heat, for about 14-16hrs each day, the suit was soaked from my sweat, but it fit perfect after that
Not Very Comfortable... But it works

Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
stx

thanks for the input Fellas, yeah I was lounging around last night, got on the bike once in a while, got used to it, I guess I wont really know how it feels until I get a couple of hot track days.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jason748

As Krash stated... tight is REALLY good!
This is going to sound stupid or funny, but... It works!
Put the suit on and take a shower it (wear you swim suit please)! Then wear it around for a couple hours while it's drying. This will allow the leather to strech and shrink basicially forming the suit to your body. Do NOT try and artificially dry itwith a hair dryer or heat, just let it air dry.

If you think about it , when you're wearing it on track as sweating your doing the same thing, it just takes much longer to do.
And how long does it take the average suit to dry?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM

With my MotoGP suit, after towel dryingand hangin it up in the open,overnight I think...

Quick Reply: got my riding suit and its tight