Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

wow, so I know what cage i am going to get

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow, so I know what cage i am going to get

I went riding tonight with a few friends practicing wheelies on a dead end road.my 2 friends are pretty new to slow stunting and we met a really good rider there on nice 636.

they all stunt bikes except me

an F4i with a 904 cage

an f4 with a freestyle inginuity cage

and a 636 with a sick innovations cage

all of them wreaked

the 904 cage bent after one wreak, still OKish, but tweaked and possibly a cracked weld.

the f4 with the FI cage wrecked mabey 4 times and was TRASHED, the mounting bolts on both sides were bent bad enough to where we are going to have to cut them off to get the cage off and put in new bolts. the cage it self was constantly bending and the sliders got ripped out on both sides.

the 636 with the sick innovations cage was still going after a wreck and a few drops.

mind you all these bikes had all been wrecked before tonight, this was just what i saw. but the way that guy on the 636 was riding i am sure that cage had taken alot of beatings and it was still going strong at the end of the night.

definatly a fun night, got alittle better at first gear stand ups. and i got to watch the 636 rider shread: high chair stoppies, one handed stoppies, no handed wheelies, really tight, fast, circle wheelies

Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: wow, so I know what cage i am going to get

Cool George, thanks also for the input

Old 09-28-2008, 04:41 PM

I run a si cage and they are awesome. (Iand there are no 904 cages it's a racing 905 cage)

Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 AM

Does this guy work for SI or something?

I got a freestyle ingenuity cage and it has held up just fine. I've had some decent spills on it too.

I do agree however that SI is probably the best overall cage, but i can't complain about my experience with the FI cages.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:03 AM

No dont work for them. I am just posting my opinion and what i saw.

my friend told me that he was not useing the highest grade bolts for his FI cage, so that probably has alot to do with it, but the thing still bent like crazy.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Haven't had problems with my FI cage.

Definitely got to use grade 8 bolts though. Anything less will just sheer. Also remember there are 2 designs now for FI cages. The old ones used to attach to the motor mounts, and the sub frame. They were known to snap things. The new ones are motor mounts and the swing arm via an all-thread bolt. Better design.

Another bit on FI... is they are DESIGNED to bend. They could easily use solid steel and make em bomb proof, but having them flex puts a crash load over more bolt points, and divides the energy of a crash to more points on the bike. Just gotta make sure your bolts are tight to begin with.

Love my cage.

- Pixel -