Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Err
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelies

yea make sure you're comfortable just riding, before you start trying wheelies.

to learn wheelies you just gotta do it. its that simple. do it enough and you'll get comfortable doing it. just like learning how to ride a bike in the first place, the more you do it the better you'll get.

so go read the "How-to's" and when YOU'RE comfortable go find a open road and just do it.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 PM

Sure glad to see that everyone is not chewing on him for using the bandwidth and sh!@ on such a question. Just read my thread called 2nd gear wheelie on a f4. Then you will see that nobody wants to help, just critisize for using the site. But thanks for the ones that ARE willing to help. (Mostly people who don't have 100+ post are helpful) anything over and all hell breaks loose.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000cbrf4

Sure glad to see that everyone is not chewing on him for using the bandwidth and sh!@ on such a question. Just read my thread called 2nd gear wheelie on a f4. Then you will see that nobody wants to help, just critisize for using the site. But thanks for the ones that ARE willing to help. (Mostly people who don't have 100+ post are helpful) anything over and all hell breaks loose.

Then why don't you stop coming in here and b!tching? And the guy asked a question that hasn't been gone over 300 times. So if you really want some advice send me a pm and I'll do the best I can. I don't come on here to start **** with other members, but don't make posts about the same thing that is on the next page and expect that people won't start giving you ****. If you would have looked there is even a post called "2nd Gear Standups" or you could have looked at the "How-To Wheelie" thats even stickied right at the top and basically the same things were gone over. But hey I'll send you a pm on "How-To Wheelie" if it makes you happy. But I guess I'm the biggest a$$hole on this forum so you will just start sending me pm telling me that or your just gonna follow me around and post wherever I do and try to make your point.

-Jesse-

Old 08-17-2006, 11:19 PM

After banging my head against the wall...I was going to tell him the same thing. Then the topic switched to "helpful advice to getting the ***** to do the first wheelies" which is where I added some advice that worked for me. Take the panties out of the bunch and move on. This forum is too good to start going downhill because a new guy can't take a bit of criticism.

Basically, before you ask for help, do a search. Then do another two with different terms. If you still don't see results, by all means, make a new post.

I'm out of this argument, I hope everyone else will be grown-ups and stop posting about it as well.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:18 AM

Ok, if you are just starting out in wheelies. Just do this.......

Come to a stop light. When you see the other lights turn yellow, rev the bike to about 13Grand and when you see the Green for you to go, Just pop that clutch out as hard as you can. You will do a wheelie alright,a sweet one at that.

Neh, i am just kidding. Dont ever do that.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

Ok, if you are just starting out in wheelies. Just do this.......

Come to a stop light. When you see the other lights turn yellow, rev the bike to about 13Grand and when you see the Green for you to go, Just pop that clutch out as hard as you can. You will do a wheelie alright,a sweet one at that.

Neh, i am just kidding. Dont ever do that.
A guy I ride with once in a while watched his buddy do this exact thing 2 weeks after he bought the bike LOL, only he was rolling about 5 mph. Didn't treat him real good and the bike is at a salvage yard now LOL

-Jesse-

Old 08-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2000cbrf4

sounds like you're venting mang? who busted you for using bandwidth? that is just so jacked up...but yea you just used even more bandwidth...

if there are too many of the same threads, i'll just start deleting them at my discretion...and if i haven't had my meds...it will be whichever thread hurts my brain from looking at the title!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:12 PM

hey, just help support the forum and pay for your own bandwidth

as for growing some *****... i hear theres this stuff u can inject and it makes ur breasts shrink and grow some *********

ohh... sorry u dont have a vagina! so u better get out there and start slow, pop it up and get used to the feeling

garuntee u in a months time ull be hittin bp wheelies for breakfast

Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

if there are too many of the same threads, i'll just start deleting them at my discretion...and if i haven't had my meds...it will be whichever thread hurts my brain from looking at the title!

LMAO How in the world did you get to mod these boards mang LOL j/k Mabye you can combine all of the wheelie posts into one big post?? I don't know if thats possible, but I thought it was a good idea

-Jesse-

Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: jrocken

I have been driving for a while now and want to start pulling wheelies too.

I feel that I am now comfortable driving on two wheels but it takes some ***** to get used to one.

When I first learned to drive on my 500 Ninja about 3 years ago I tried once by popping the clutch to do my first ever wheelie. Not that I had the ***** to do it, but more that I didnt know what the bike would do, how it felt, or what I was supposed to do. Lets just say it was the first and only time I tried on that bike. I started from a standstill... went way too high up for comfort and came down with my first and only (although mild) tankslapper....I thought I was going to dump the bike and found out that day the God does exist.

Maybe that experiance has made me a little scared to push myself really hard but I am just taking an approach to do them slow and steady. I just use first gear to pop it up a little at a time to and from work. It seems to be coming pretty slow but hopefully once I get used to pulling them up I will be able to take it to the next step.

As for having a few beer and trying to pull wheelies... It sure does take away your fear! I do not advise doing this either because although last weekend I did pop the best wheelies of my life, the next day I was truly scared about how fearless I was the night before.

I want to keep my bike intact but I do not think my good friend Al. Cohol has the same passion for keeping it damage free. I wont let him ride it again. He can stay inside and watch from the window.

Jesse

I'm in the same boat minus the whole drinking and trying em thing, which by the way made me laugh my *** off.

So long story short i'm on my 4th year on my 03 f4i and have got real comfortable on it, from twisties to a few rare drags so I figured i'm to the point where i'm gonna start trying wheelies. I've read up on how to wheelie and 2nd gear stand ups and have been trying to clutch my bike up in 1st and haven't been getting too lucky. I guess in 1st it just doesn't seem to smooth and can't get it up past like 6" because it just doesn't feel controlled at all.

So my question is in all the reading i've done through the forums its never really mentioned if you should do 1st gear or 2nd gear wheelies first. I know that the throttle feels real touchy in 1st and have heard others talk about how in 2nd its much more smooth and predictable. So which way is smoother. Thanks for any help in advance guys.

H

Quick Reply: Wheelies