Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

What do I need to get started??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do I need to get started??

ORIGINAL: CBRtokyo

Are there any website i can check for the zero degree clip ons or the db bars?
Go to HAIbikeshop.com, they have all the stuff you need at good prices.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:34 PM

You dont need an oil pickup for riding at balance point...especially on a F4i. If you were riding a GSXR it'd be a different story. The only reason you would need a pick-up in a F4i is if you were always doin bar tricks. Just run a quart over and you'll be fine.

I wouldnt get a bigger sprocket for learning. They can actually make your wheelies twitchier until you get throttle control and know what your doing. If you cant bring an F4i up in second gear with stock gears then somethings wrong.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

You dont need an oil pickup for riding at balance point...especially on a F4i. If you were riding a GSXR it'd be a different story. The only reason you would need a pick-up in a F4i is if you were always doin bar tricks. Just run a quart over and you'll be fine.

I wouldnt get a bigger sprocket for learning. They can actually make your wheelies twitchier until you get throttle control and know what your doing. If you cant bring an F4i up in second gear with stock gears then somethings wrong.
I agree for the oil pick up it's not needed for F4i with extra quart but I wouldnt take any chance.

For the bigger sprocket it's debatable. To me a bigger sprocket is easier to learn, more torque, easier to get at balance point.Helps you practice brake control. Can clutch it up at lower speeds... It depends how new the guy is if he wants to get into stunting and wants a12 barI hope he can get it up in second. I would recommend a bigger sprocket before a 12 bar. my 2c

Old 01-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Err

if it were me, i'd learn on stock.

how do you like those FI 0 degree bars?

Old 01-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Thanks for all the advice especially runnin a quart over idea. I think i do wanna get a bunch of practice in with stock sprockets before i get a bigger one. and as far as the zero degree bar, i think ill order one next pay check along with a sick innovations cage. Ill keep you all updated, and post pics of rad **** that i do. Keep any advise comin if ya got any more. Thanks again for all the input. this site is sick!

Old 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Err

last piece of advise- baby steps, and practice

Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM

definately...

Old 01-15-2007, 11:55 PM

you can get the 0 degree clip ons from http://www.freestyleingenuity.com.

i say learn brake, throttle and clutch control w/ stock gears and then get a bigger sprocket. it will help you tramendously. i have seen plenty of people throw a big sprocket on a bike they just got and the result is never good. you dont "need" a big a$$ pizza sprocket either. i usually only go 5 to 7 up on the rear and leave the front stock.

no need for the new oil pick up. just over fill it. GSXR oil pick up is in the front but most other bikes have the pick up in the rear.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:59 AM

thanks everyone for your help, everything is making sense to me now, as far as why and what i need and why, except for one thing, the moose clutch lever. what advantage exactly does it have besides making it easier to pull it?

Old 01-16-2007, 10:47 AM

It's for when you wanna use the brake and the clutch at the same time. Without an EZpull lever it's almost impossible because you are only using one finger each. That's what I do anyways. If your just starting you probably don't need it until you get a handbrake.

Quick Reply: What do I need to get started??