Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??

Well... I love to wheelie, almost more than I love my guitar. But yesterday on a backroad where NO cars EVER come, I was practicing wheelies. Mind you this is a 10-20 mile stretch of street that is a country backroad....only cows and road, NEVER CARS. well, a cop decides to ride down it and catches me riding a wheellie. He smiles, comes over asks for the keys, writes me a misdemeanor ticket for 23109(c)VC, and TOWS MY BIKE FOR 30 DAMN DAYS!!!! I bought the bike for $1700. It will cost $1660 to get out next month. The question is...in your opinion, should I get my 1994 CBR F2 with 19,000 miles on it out.(great condition, Head turner) or just get a new one??? What would YOU do.

PS...I would be using the money I was saving for a 1000 to get this out..so this would push my new bike back a few months.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well... your signature says you have a Harley so you wont be bike-less. Tough call. I'd double-check that leaving it wont incur any extra fines for one. City wants their money and may try another way to get it.

Then its your call on how much you want the bike.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 AM

True..True. I do have the Harley...I guess my thing was more of an emotional attachment to the F2..Being that it was my first sportbike, and drove the chicks crazy...Ill probably get a newer bike and say good bye to "Purple Rain".(my bikes name)...Ive been pulling some extra time at work so maybe both will be attainable. I can't stunt on my Harley LOL....Maybe I should take up politics and get some laws ammended..hahaha

Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM

wow thats a tuff one. They will end up selling it at a auction. Poor poor F2. Id have to let her go I think.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM

I didn't realize the fines were so bad up in cali, down here in texas we get a ticket for reckless driving and ride home with a ticket you must have pissed this guy off. Talk to the judge and be repentfull for what you did and I'm sure you can work something out but don't loss your bike. Johnnyh

Old 06-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Wow that's nuts. I know there is an emotional attachment to the bike but if you have to pay almost as much as the bike is worth to get it out...its not worth it. If you're really serious about getting into stunting for another $1290-$1340 you can pick up an already stunted F4i! There are many deals out there as a lot of riders are upgrading to the 636.
I have a 01 gix that I've been riding for about 2 seasons but I just picked this beauty up yesterday for $2500. It already has a dented tank, dual caliper setup with a gix nissin radial, 52t rear sprocket and down two in the front, vortex clip-ons, shorty exhaust, cage and 12 bar. I'm getting a few more things to setup the way I like it but I'm already loving the F4i!

Attached Thumbnails To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??-djs_bike.jpg   To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??-clutchup.jpg   To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??-gettingtobp.jpg   To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??-jhook.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 AM

Wow that seems like an extra harsh penalty.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Gotta love the law. There is no such thing as practical wisdom behind a badge... Or a ****ing school teacher for that matter these days. Just follow the rules... Do what you're told.

It would be easier for me to pay that fee to the state if I agreed with which the way we use our taxes in this god forsaken, money-driven country. I would have to say no, do not get it back. You're gay state will get less money from the auction I bet. That is just my opinion though. Especially if you are planning on getting a newer sport bike, and you have a harley to ride in the mean time . It might be time to say good bye.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:58 PM

I would go in front of the judge and see if he considers the punishment to fit the crime. Afterall it seems a little harsh to confiscate someones property for 30 days AND impose a stiff fine...a little double jeopardy? It couldn't hurt to ask.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Thumbs up

get the f2 out and sell the harley and get the 1000

Quick Reply: To Stunt or not to Stunt....That is the question??