Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

RR 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RR 2nd gear

ya i turn the bars a little when i bounce im gonna go practice practice practice

Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_nasty

ya i turn the bars a little when i bounce im gonna go practice practice practice
Thats why you should work on letting the bike do the work. Wait till you are a little more experienced before you try to bounce it IMO If you bounce it and have the bars turned a little and set it back down its gonna make for an exciting little ride. But just keep practicing

-Jesse-

Old 09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Retired Super Moderator

A stock 600RR WILL clutch up in second. It is you, not the bike. It will come up in third standing, whether you prefer to clutch it, bounce it, or both, is up to you. And with enough practice, it will bounce up in 4th as well.

Don't take any of this personal, it's not meant as a dig. It just seems like the question comes up alot, and people want to blame it on their bikes.

And yeah, the vid of me bouncin it up in 5th is coming---the knee is finally all healed up!!!

-Adam

Old 09-08-2006, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

A stock 600RR WILL clutch up in second. It is you, not the bike. It will come up in third standing, whether you prefer to clutch it, bounce it, or both, is up to you. And with enough practice, it will bounce up in 4th as well.

Don't take any of this personal, it's not meant as a dig. It just seems like the question comes up alot, and people want to blame it on their bikes.

And yeah, the vid of me bouncin it up in 5th is coming---the knee is finally all healed up!!!

-Adam

ok... if you are in richmond kentucky, as it says you are, i am almost 3,000 feet higher than you in elevation.... thats gonna suck some hp so there is no way my bike is bouncing up in 4th or 5th. I too am having troubles getting my bike up in second... stand, sit, bounce, jump up and down all I want.... it says no.... my brothers 636 does the same, and our friends f4i.... so there are a lot more factors to bring into it rather than "its just gotta be the rider... my bike does such and such..." Im not digging either... just trying to bring some light to those who keep telling me "its you, its you, its you".... some of it is yes.... but if you brought your bike up here and tried exactly what your doing now... its not gonna be even close.... there is a fellow member on these boards who just moved to denver, which is very close to my elevation.... his bike went from clutching 3rd/4th no problem to it hates second.....

Edit: just searched and denver is about 1800 higher than me... but its the same concept

Old 09-08-2006, 12:58 AM

I live in new mexico i think were at 2848 feet above sea level a high 12 second car here can run mid-low 11s at sea level. Im going to make this bitch stand up in second though all my friends tell me there is no way i will be able to get it up in second but my friends o4 gixxer does so im sure i can get my bike to stand up just practice practice i guess

Old 09-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator

I agree with you about the elevation Loki. You just need to find the combination that works best for you and your conditions. My bike (before gearing change) would bounce up great between 55-70----but i wasn't as experienced with it. I had problems clutching my sitdowns, until i realized i was going TOO fast...it's all about how comfortable you are, and figuring out YOUR bike. No matter what, i guarantee that as soon as you get it up a few times, it'll quickly become second nature.

Seriously though, you should think about th -1/+2 conversion. It made a world of difference for me....600RR's are geared taller than most other bikes anyways.

-Adam

Old 09-08-2006, 08:21 PM

thats the thing... I am sitting at -1 +2 lol... I think some of it is the fact that my bike hasnt been tuned via pcIII or anything since it had a slip on installed (jardine rt one) and I should be getting a new air filter for it soon... Im thinking the filter is probably just about choked out by now, so much dust around here and where I was back home.

I can get it up in first no problem, but im clutching it... i gotta bounce REAL good to power it up in first, and second just hasnt come to me yet. I gotta learn how to do stand ups so I can get that 2nd gear down.... all in due time... still waitin on my fork seals.....[:@]

Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

ORIGINAL: cbr_nasty

Thats why you should work on letting the bike do the work. Wait till you are a little more experienced before you try to bounce it IMO If you bounce it and have the bars turned a little and set it back down its gonna make for an exciting little ride. But just keep practicing

-Jesse-

+1392932943834838

Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 PM

Funny thing, my first sport bike, 03 R6, I learned how to wheelie by strictly bouncing in 2nd. I then learned 1st gear powerups, stoppies and such. Anyways I did this cuase I didnt want to be hard on my clutch at all....I baby'ed her soo much. I've never heard anyone say bouncing isnt a good way to learn, but then again I never really researched wheelieing much more than what was best for the clutch.

Anyways, jesse maybe (or probably) totally correct but in my personal experience Im glad I learned bouncing first. Never had a problem with tank slappers or anything, just slowing worked my way up from not gettin the bike off the ground at all to full on BP. It helped me learn throttle controll a lot.

Im not recommending anything, just puttin my personal experience out there. BTW I havent gone down doing a wheelie, YET (but i dont do them much anymore on my RR). I did go down doing other things though.

Either way you do learn to do them should you choose to...take your time and progress slowly gettin higher and higher at a slow controlled pace.

The name of the game is practice....it took me an entire summer to get where i could ride out on the BP all the time and I rode every day practicing.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 PM

^^^ I learned the exact same way.

Quick Reply: RR 2nd gear