Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Ordered a Sick Innovations Cage

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a Sick Innovations Cage

Hey all, i just ordered an SI cage, it was shipped to the door for 219, so i decided i'd go for it finally. Time to take the frame sliders off and put a real cage on the old f4i.

I do have a question though, is this cage not as god as the FI cage? I noticed that the FI cages are over 300 dollars......are they just over priced? Or are they that much better than the SI cages? I plan on dropping the bike quiet a bit because i'm at the circle learning stage of my stunting so i just want to have a solid cage.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Default RE: Ordered a Sick Innovations Cage

Fi are decent cages but overpriced and they tend to break motormount bolts. Si is the only way to go in my opinion

Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 AM

Does anybody know if there is a tuturial or instruction guide on how to install this cage over the feirings? Also, i know that alot of people lose sockets during this install....is there anything i should look out for before i stick a socket in there.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 PM

if your cage is like mine you will have to cut a hole in your lowers. the socket that sticks is the rear one, the bolt is pretty close to the tubing.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 PM

i think they changed the FI cage, but the old one is all i have seen and it is **** compared to the SI in my opinion.

it should just bolt right up, my friend had a bit of trouble with his GSXR because the rear stock bolt was seized up, but after he got that off it went on fine, you might have to drill a hole for the lower part of the cage to go through, but its harder then drilling holes for sliders.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM

Ok, i've drilled out 4 holes total. Two up top and two down where the cage connects. I haven't installed the cage yet but i've got my holes perfect so that the cage can fit in there. The top hole is pretty good size, about the size of a baseball i would say.

I'll be bolting the cage on in the near future, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM

where did you find it for 219 shipped

Old 03-14-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by slingblade13
where did you find it for 219 shipped
I'm guessing he bought his in january since thats when this thread was created and that why he got his for $219 with free shipping.

Price went up on them beginning of february 09 and I don't think he's offering free shipping anymore.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Here's best way to mount them

Its a 9/16 nut not 14mm (14mm gets stuck). 14mm fits, but its really tight and hard to get the socket out. plus there is a tighening sequence that makes all the difference in the world for stuck sockets.

F4/ F4i

First of all, open your hardware kit and lay out all the bolts that came in the kit. You should have 2- 10mmx1.25 allen bolts. These are for your left and right front engine mounts.
Secondly, you should have 1 small allen bolt with a nut threaded onto it.
This is for the lower mount where the 2 sides connect to each other directly behind the exhaust header.
You will also find a long threaded rod. This is for the rear engine mount.
Lastly, there are 2 black spacers.
If you are sitting on the bike, they go to the left front and left rear engine mounts. They go between the cage and the frame.

To get started, remove your left front engine mount and the rear engine mount bolt.
Do not remove all the mount at once. This can cause your engine to sag and it will make it difficult to get the bolts started.
Next, take the left portion of the cage and drop one of the front engine mount bolts into the left front mount on the cage and have the bolt hanging out of the mount.
Take one of your spacers and set it into the frame at the front mount location.
Hold the cage up to the engine mounts and get the bolt started only a few turns.
DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLT YET.
Now you want to set the other spacer into the frame at the rear mount location and take the threaded rod,
remove one of the nuts and slide it through the cage mount, spacer,
and through the engine mount until it is sticking out the other side.
Now you will go to the other side of the bike and take the cage piece,
drop the bolt through the front mount on the cage and have it hanging out the other side.
Hold it up to the engine mounts and get the bolt started only a few turns.
DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLT YET.
Next you want to make sure the threaded rod is sticking through the rear mount.
Take the nut that came with it and get it started only a few turns.
Now you will take the small allen bolt and get it started into the lower mounts where the 2 sides connect and get the nut threaded on only a few turns. Once all the bolts are started, you can now tighten the cage up.
The tightening sequence is important.
Start with the lower mount and tighten it up.
Next you will go to the rear engine mount and tighten it up.
Lastly, tighten your front engine mount bolts and you are ready to stunt!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:42 PM

thanks for that info mofat. I'm doing the install tomorrow morning, i should be set. The only part i didn't get was the nut on the short allen bold, but I can pick that up here at the local hardware store. I've been delaying this project but now that it's warm enough it's time to get it done. I'm tired of rolling around without plastics haha.

Far as the pricing, yeah i noticed the cages are a little more now. I'm not sure what shipping is but yeah i ordered mine in jan. and it had free shipping so i couldn't pass it up. I had been looking at the FI cages but the price is just outrageous

Quick Reply: Ordered a Sick Innovations Cage