Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Official HB Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official HB Thread

Ok here it is, one place to find everything you needed to know about hand brakes. Post your setup, past setups and what you would recomend.

I'm planning on getting one this winter, but might buy one before the year is over. But my problem is I don't really know anything about them LOL I'm looking at the full throttle kit, the whole thing--

$340 for most bikes

Includes:
Fullthrottle Inc. billet rear mastercylinder
Premium Spiegler braided brake line
Anodized banjo bolt and crush washer
14mm Nissin handle bar master cylinder and lever

But the downside is that its almost $350. Or I could get the GPtech adapter and use the stock rear master and get a radial lever?? From www.haibikeshop.com I can get the: adapter, and braided line for $100 but then I have to find a radial. But I could probably do it this way for under $200.

Let me know what you think guys, and try to keep everything on topic, no wheelie questions LOL

-Jesse-

Heres a pic of the full throttle kit-

[IMG]local://upfiles/3901/1A2074005AAF4ACCAFC6D93CE896EA44.gif[/IMG]

*EDIT* More added

905 is making a daul caliper adapter, but its not out for the F4i yet and it cost about $140
http://racing905.com/PRODUCTS.htm

Old 09-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Default RE: Official HB Thread

i was running a kit from www.stuntme.com its a brembo master cylinder routed to your stock rear master via a special adapter. installing it is straight forward. the brake feels solid both at the pedal and at the lever. but there is a bit more squishy-ness in the system since you are running the fluid through 2 masters. i recently picked up another rear caliper and had a friend push out a new caliper bracket for the rear that holds two calipers (similar to the 905) it is a straight shot from the hb lever to the caliper so i am getting a more solid feel.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 PM

^^^ I have the gp tech right now but dual caliper is the way to go..

Old 09-10-2006, 05:56 AM

yeah I was thinking the daul caliper, but don't have any access to a cnc. But you said 905 makes one?? Gotta go look right now LOL. I'm trying to do this one cheap and I'll progress to something better this winter or next summer. Right now I'm think gptech adapter, braided line, and ebay lever. But which front master should I get, I'm looking at a 636 front right for like $20 shipped but let me know. I know everyone says 1000RR, but I need somthing cheap now and I can't find one for under $100, and I'll upgrade it in the winter more than likely anyway

-Jesse-

Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 PM

That setup will work just fine for you..I have a old r6 front master at the moment with a gptech adapter and it works fine..I just don't trust those adapters cause I saw a guy throw his bike back into a coaster and the adapter messed up and he had no brakes and it was a nasty wreck...As long as you bleed it all really good it will be fine..

Old 09-10-2006, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Scott982

That setup will work just fine for you..I have a old r6 front master at the moment with a gptech adapter and it works fine..I just don't trust those adapters cause I saw a guy throw his bike back into a coaster and the adapter messed up and he had no brakes and it was a nasty wreck...As long as you bleed it all really good it will be fine..
You don't like the GP tech adapter?? I have heard a few people that didn't like it and had a problem with it leaking. I also heard of a guy that actually tig welded an adapter to his stock rear master and didn't have a problem. I'm either planning on a daul caliper (leaning twords this now) or a full throttle rear master with a brembo handbrake master (eventully), but I don't have the cash for that right now, so I'm looking for something cheap. All this **** is expensive LOL and everytime I'm ready to order some parts either my car takes a crap or my insurance is due along with my house payment LOL f**k bills I don't think I'm gonna pay them anymore LOL

-Jesse-

Old 09-11-2006, 06:55 AM

the full throttle is a waste of money just use the gptech or go dual caliper and have fun learning the handbreak cause it is so much harder to get used to than the foot brake..

Old 09-11-2006, 09:45 AM

the full throttle is a waste of money just use the gptech or go dual caliper and have fun learning the handbreak cause it is so much harder to get used to than the foot brake..
OK I'll probably do it with a daul caliper eventually then. I'm planning on trying to get some parts gathered up to see how it feels, I still need to work on the foot brake, but I'm getting alot better. For me I think a hb would be easier to learn, but I know I have to have foot brake down before I really start to mess with the hb. Thanks for all of the pointers

-Jesse-

Old 09-11-2006, 11:40 PM

hb is easy to use its just wierd getting used to switching from the clutch to the hb when you clutch it up...I always felt like I was gonna fall off..lol

Old 09-12-2006, 03:28 PM

hb is easy to use its just wierd getting used to switching from the clutch to the hb when you clutch it up...I always felt like I was gonna fall off..lol

this is very true. right now im working on different variations of jumping from the ground to the bike at a dead stop. when i first started doing them, learning to put one finger on the clutch and another on the hb was very difficult. but its like anything else, just takes some practice.

i agree that going dual caliper set up is probably the best mechanically. it still is a bit pricey though, the racing 905 unit is about 200 dollars, there is a picture of it on their site, buit they dont advertise one for the f4i. any stock master cylinder would be fine for a hb master.

the fitting from gptech is kind of shady imo. it can leak from both ends (on the brake line side and the master side) ive had it happen to me on my f4i. if you do get it, WELD it! dont try to jp weld either, the brake fluid will eat it up. good luck finding a kit that works for you.

Quick Reply: Official HB Thread